Traditional Polish Cooking Class in Warsaw
Learn about traditional Polish cuisine on this 4-hour cooking class in a studio near Warsaw Old Town. Enjoy local meats, cheeses, breads, and dessert, discover the history of Polish cuisine, and cook and eat a hot starter plus two types of pierogi dumplings under the guidance of a professional Polish chef. An optional Polish vodka tasting is available for an additional PLN 49.
per adult from
What's included :
- Juices and bottled water
- Food tasting
- Certificates of participation
- Recipe booklet
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Arrive at the airy studio on Wednesday or Saturday at 10:30 AM or on Friday at 6 PM - it’s not far from Ratusz Arsenal metro station - and meet the chef who will be teaching you today. Begin with a tempting buffet of traditional Polish meats, cheeses, and breads – all of them locally made and organic – as your teacher explains the basic history of Polish cuisine.
Next, settle into your work station and learn to prepare traditional Polish dishes: you'll make two different types of pierogi as well as another classic dish such as buckwheat pancakes with salmon or white sausage. After this, feast on the dishes you've cooked, washed down with complimentary soft drinks, followed by a dessert your chef has prepared in advance.
Should you wish, an optional vodka tasting is available for 49 PLN. Over the course of this class, the chef will tell you the history of Polish vodka, explain how it is produced, and provide you with 7-8 shots of traditional Polish vodkas, including potato vodka, rye vodka, Zubrowka bison grass vodka, Krupnik herb vodka, and vodkas flavored with quince, cherry, hazelnut, and caramel.
The course takes around 4 hours. You'll leave with a book of recipes, a certificate of participation, a small gift, and a welter of culinary facts and trivia.
There are vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, lactose free menus available. Please make sure to inform the local service provider about them at least one week prior to the class. Be prepared that in case of allergies you might prepare a different dish than the rest of the group.
Departure Point :Warsaw, Warsaw, Mazovia Province, Central Poland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to being late
- There are vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, lactose free menus available. Please make sure to inform the local service provider about them at least one week prior to the class. Be prepared that in case of allergies you might prepare a different dish than the rest of the group
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.