Traditional Northern Home Cooking Experience with Raunkaew Yanon Family
Join the homely cooking session with the local family. Experience a warm and family-like cooking class, this is just for you. This unique session is not only about food. You will gain knowledge and understanding of local culture, the way of living and even about local herbs.
Spend a part of your day in this local un-touristy neighborhood learning about the local and get to know your host family. Be amazed by their beautiful traditional wooden house and rice barn brimming with history and interesting facts. You will be picking up ingredients for your cooking class right from the backyard garden.
Be prepared to cook and taste the authentic local recipe with the real flavors of Northern Thailand that you can’t find in any commercial cooking class. It is your choice to choose between Lunch and Dinner.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Meal as per session (Lunch/Dinner)
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Local Insurance
- Entry/Admission - Chiang Mai Home Host by Raunkaew-Yanon Family
What's excluded :
- All private expenses
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chiang Mai Home Host by Raunkaew-Yanon Family, 3 หมู่ 11 Tambon Ban Waen, Amphoe Hang Dong, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50230, Thailand
After the hotel pick-up, we head south out of Chiangmai city to Bandoo in Hangdong district. Receive a warm welcome with flowers and drinks, and the host will bring you around the house and explain the local culture. The home you will be visiting belongs to the Raunkaew-Yanon family, who arrived in the area possibly by elephant-back almost 150 years ago. A Lanna family who preserves the traditions passed down since the beginning. They build their homes from teak wood and maintain the natural surroundings traditionally, which is now rarely seen in Chiangmai.
Experience the Lanna way of life and take a walk in the family-owned orchard with many types of fruit such as banana, mango, coconut, also the garden is filled with herbs for cooking. You will also have the opportunity to join the cooking session with the local family and dine together with them. The family will serve the dinner on the second-floor terrace of the home of Raunkaew- Yanon family from where you will enjoy the panoramic view of this Lanna village.
Discover the real experience and understand Lanna’s way of life. Understand how their tradition, culture, nature, religions, and ancestors are interconnected.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Chiang Mai city center. Please provide your hotel name and address If you do not see your hotel on the list
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.