Traditional Handicraft Craftsmanship Tour from Chiang Mai
Observe skilled craftsmen plying their trade as you learn about Chiang Mai’s unique handicraft industry on this half-day tour. Explore various local workshops and factories that produce everything from lacquerware, gems, silk, and cotton fabrics to furniture and other wood products.
• Sankampaeng—Thailand's handicraft center—factories & shops
• Demonstration of high-quality furniture production process
• Learning about unique Saa-paper umbrella making
• Opportunity to purchase high-end silk & cotton fabrics
• Exhibit displaying locally made costumes & jewelries
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided tour to handicraft factories at Sankampaeng district
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai
From the comfort of your hotel, journey to the trendy Sankampaeng district
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: San Kamphaeng, San Kamphaeng
the center of Thailand's handicraft productions, and discover its many workshops and factories. Watch locals demonstrate the intricate art of weaving silk by hand—a generations-old method—and learn about the comprehensive and detail-oriented process of silk production.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Baan Jang Nak - A Museum of Elephant Wood Carvings, 56/1 Moo 2 Buak Khang, San Kamphaeng 50130 Thailand
Next, venture through a renowned wood and furniture factory. Gain an understanding of the various processes that take these items from raw material to finished pieces. At a local handicrafts center, observe an exhibit displaying locally made native costumes, jewelry, and home novelties.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Umbrella Village - Bor Sang, 1014, Tambon Ton Pao Sankamphaeng, Bo Sang, San Kamphaeng 50130 Thailand
See how the famous Saa-paper umbrellas are made from scratch.
Finish by wandering around the district. Mingle and interact with the locals and don't miss the opportunity to purchase mementos before returning to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Chiang Mai, Thailand
2: McDonald's Night Bazaar Chiang Mai, Changklan Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Free Door To Door Pick up for our tours at the following location with NO CHARGE - City Center Chiangmai District area (3 KM radius) with namely Night Bazaar, Tapae Gate, Chiang Mai Gate, Suan Dok gate, old city , Huay Kaew Road to Ibis Hotel, Nimmana Haeminda Road & Santitham AreaYou can also join our tours at CHIANG MAI MEETING POINTS - Mc Donald at Chiangmai Night BazaarAn additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 3 miles (5 km) radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.