Traditional Greek Food: Take a bite out of Athens on an audio walking tour
Eat your way through Athens on this self-guided audio tour. Don’t waste your time eating at one tourist trap after the other when we can show you the best spots to eat and drink like a local. We’ll introduce you to delicious, traditional Greek food in authentic spots including the oldest coffee shop in Athens and two hidden away restaurants you’d never find on your own.
Come hungry because after this tour, you'll know exactly where to eat .
Along the way, you'll discover:
• The famous food markets of Athens
• How coffee was made in ancient times
• Where we buy our fresh fruit, vegetables and spices
• Where trendy Athenians go to socialise
• Homemade wine poured directly from the barrel
• A rooftop bar with the best view of the Acropolis
• Shops where you’ll find gifts at much cheaper prices
At the end of this tour, you will know where to eat, shop and relax for the rest of your stay here. We hope you have a wonderful time in our much loved city!
per adult from
60 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Monastiraki Square, Agias Eleousis 3, Athina 105 55, Greece
The tour starts and ends in Monastiraki Square where you'll begin to learn about Greek culture.
Pass By: Varvakios Central Municipal Market, Athinas 42, Athina 105 51, Greece
The tours first big stop is inside the Varvakios Central Market where, if you decide to, you'll be able to experience some traditional greek food.
Pass By: MOKKA SPECIALTY COFFEE S.A., Athinas 44, Athina 105 51, Greece
You'll pass by Mokka Specialty Coffee where you can purchase some traditional Greek coffee if you want to.
Pass By: Díporto, Sokratous 9 &, Theatrou, Athina 105 52, Greece
The tour briefly stops outside this secret underground restaurant where you'll hear how to find it.
Pass By: Εστιατόριο Αυλή, Agiou Dimitriou 12, Athina 105 54, Greece
The tour stops outside Alvi psiri restaurant where you'll be given the opportunity to pause the tour and try out some traditional greek food.
Pass By: GRILLHOUSE PSIRI AISXYLOU ΟΔΟΣ ΑΙΣΧΥΛΟΥ ΨΗΤΟΠΩΛΕΙΟ ΨΥΡΡΗ, Eschilou 14, Athina 105 54, Greece
Another traditional restaurant is the Grillhouse Aischilou where you'll be able to pause the tour and try out their food.
Pass By: Little Kook, Karaiskaki 17, Athina 105 54, Greece
The last food stop is outside Little Kook.
Departure Point :Monastiraki Square, Agias Eleousis 3, Athina 105 55, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/7/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.