Traditional Greek cooking class and dinner in Monastiraki for private groups
In this hands-on class, you'll learn how to cook a traditional Greek dinner using family recipes and fresh, local produce, while admiring a beautiful view of the Acropolis over dinner.
• Learn how to cook and then feast on a multitude of traditional Greek 'mezze', as well as a salad, main dish, and dessert
• Wine and beer are included, guests can also BYOB
• CookinAthens studio boasts a beautiful view of the Acropolis, and is located in the historic center of Athens, just 6 minutes from the Monastiraki metro station
• This experience is bookable as a private event only
per adult from
What's included :
- Meet and cook with a talented local
- Easy-to-follow cooking class for all levels
- Bring home traditional recipes and culinary skills
- Drinks and beverages (Red Wine, White Wine, Beer, Guests can bring alcohol)
What's excluded :
- About your host, Marilena: "I've lived in Athens my entire life and I'm a passionate food lover and food blogger. Recently I created CookinAthens, a cooking studio with a perfect view of the Acropolis, designed to make you love Greek food. Here you'll taste authentic Greek foods and learn how to cook them, too."
This experience has been hand selected by Eatwith, the world’s largest community for authentic culinary experiences. Eatwith experiences are top rated on TripAdvisor and are loved by thousands of travelers from around the world!
• Spanakopita or Tiropita - Cheesepie or spinach pie with handmade phyllo
• Tzatziki - Learn how to make the best tzatziki aka a yogurt dip with cucumber, dill and garlic
• Greek Salad - Greek salad with tomatoes, cucumber, green peppers, onion, capers, rusk, olives and traditional greek cheese
• Pastitsio - The best recipe for the greek lasagna from my aunt Beba. Thick spaghetti with ground meat sauce, topped with bechamel sauce
• Zakinthini frygania - Family recipe from Zante: Rusk soaked in syrup, topped with pastry cream and whipped cream
Departure Point :Evripidou, Athina, Greece
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Guests need to communicate if they have any food restrictions (allergy, special diet, etc.)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- To ensure the safety of our community, we’ve created health and safety guidelines and resources for our hosts based on the World Health Organization's recommendations. Learn more about our guidelines: https://intercom.help/eatwith/en/articles/4055547-eatwith-health-and-safety-guidelines
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.