Traditional Food and Wine Small Group Tour from Barcelona
Discover the flavors of Catalan food and wine on this small-group day trip from Barcelona. Sample cheese and wine in a beautiful medieval farmhouse overlooking the mountain of Montserrat; visit a former Benedictine monastery to sample local delicacies like home-cured meats; and taste different types of olive oil at another medieval farmhouse. Enjoy a traditional Catalan lunch at the farm's restaurant, and end your day trip with a guided tour of a winery, where you will enjoy cava and wine tastings. On this small-group tour, you will receive personalized attention from your tour guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Winery tour with 3/4 wine tastings
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your guide in central Barcelona, relax on board a comfortable minivan and take in views of the Catalan countryside on your way to Montserrat, the craggy mountain that rises above the region. Stop in a charming village, famous for cattle raising and cheese making, and visit a beautifully restored medieval farmhouse to sample local cheese and wine. As you savor your tasting, admire views of your backdrop – the north face of Montserrat.
Continue to Santa Cecília, a former Benedictine monastery that is today a mountain shelter and a great example of early Catalan Romanesque architecture. Enjoy a short stop here to learn interesting facts about the history of the region, as how the monks influenced the farming and the gastronomic traditions. As you listen to your guide, sample locally grown treats like almonds, peaches, honey or home-cured meats, depending on the season.
Next, relax on the drive around Montserrat and discover the south face of the mountain, which has a different climate and landscape from the north side, making it ideal for olive trees and vines. Get closer to nature as you leave your minivan and follow your guide through a path between fields of olive trees.
Arrive at a 16th-century farmhouse, originally the property of the Monastery of Montserrat. Visit the farmhouse's old olive mill and the medieval water tanks, and learn about olive oil pressing and the different types of olive oil. Sample some of these, then enjoy a traditional lunch of products grown at the farm (upgrade your experience by traveling on a Sunday, where the menu features typical local Catalan dishes)
After lunch, head to the Penedés, a vibrant wine region known for its production of cava (Catalan sparkling wine). Stop at a local winery, where you will learn how cava is made on a guided tour of the winery's underground cellars and barreling room, and finish with a tasting of four different types of cava and wine.
Then sit comfortably in your minivan and admire views of the landscape on your way back to Barcelona.
Departure Point :C/ Palau de la Música, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Plaça de Catalunya, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years
- Products you taste are subject to change depending on the season
- This tour operates only in English
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.