Traditional Afternoon Tea at The Great House Antigua
The Great House Antigua is the last remaining stone buff house on the island, and one of a few in the whole Caribbean open to guests.
We welcome you to join us for traditional afternoon tea.
Visit the exquisite and historic house, grounds and sugar mill, then sit down within the gardens to a British afternoon tea with Antiguan infused ingredients.
The traditional afternoon tea includes British favorites of scones and clotted cream, fresh honey and jams and an array of sandwiches and pastries.
Guests can choose between tea and coffee, or upgrade to a glass of french champagne.
One of the most unique experience on the island, with only limited spaces, which exhibits the beautiful gardens and historic property.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Traditional afternoon tea is served at The Great House Antigua, the only current stone Buff House sitting in its Plantation grounds. Open for you to enjoy a freshly baked afternoon tea, amongst the beautiful gardens with a backdrop of the 350-year-old Sugar Mill, for magical selfies with many tales to tell.
Set in our Palm Court, and only available for a limited number, the set afternoon tea service will include a selection of freshly made sandwiches, baked cakes, pastries or scones, accompanied by our Plantation honey, jam or island jelly and a selection of English teas. You can add a glass of French champagne, at additional cost.
Upon entering the Courtyard, within the 350-year-old main house, you will be seated in small intimate tables, set with colourful and charming English tea service china.
Each guest will be given a printed booklet of the history of the House and Plantation as well as the opportunity to explore the original sugar mill standing tall within the grounds.
The Great House Antigua is 30 minutes’ drive from the Cruise Port in St Johns. Transportation in a new and fully air-conditioned minibus is included in the price. All those attended must be 16+.
• Fresh Scones - Freshly made English scones with rasins.
Guests can enjoy scones the traditional way with cream and fresh local jams.
• A selection of sandwiches - Choose from a selection of four types of delicious and freshly made sandwiches.
A variety of tastes and types of bread for you to pick from.
• Pastries - A mixture of traditional English pastries and famous Antiguan cakes.
Departure Point :St Johns Cruise Port, Thames St, St John's, Antigua and Barbuda
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.