Tradional Villages of Santorini - Let the locals guide you
When you visit Santorini mostly what you have in mind is the breathtaking views of the Caldera over the volcanic island and the famous sunset. The fact is that Santorini island is so much more than that. In this tour you will have experience the beauty and magic of the small and not so “famous” parts of the island. As locals, we love to focus on the way this unique Cycladic architecture is preserved on these four villages: Pyrgos Kallistis, Megalochori, Vothonas and Emporio. During the tour you will discover the hidden treasures of Santorini’s history through local stories and urban legends.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Castelli of Pyrgos, Pyrgos 84701 Greece
This is the most recent of all Castelli in Santorini, it was built around 1580 and was the first oficcial capital of the island! The walls of the houses composed the fortified surrounding wall of the castelli, while there was only one entrance.
Today, characterized as one of the most beautiful and traditional villages of the island, Pyrgos is must visit if you are looking for the authentic beauty of Santorini.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vothonas, Vothonas, Santorini, Cyclades, South Aegean
If someone was looking for the heart of Santorini, that would be Vothonas Village.Vothonas is almost 5 kilometers southeast of the capital Fira, very close to Messaria village. Vothonas is built in a steep gorge and it has really special architecture. The majority of the dwellings are cave houses the villagers built by carving the volcanic rocks.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Megalochori - Traditional Village, Megalochori Greece
Megalochori is an amazing tradittional village! The thing that makes it so special is that even today the residents have preserved the 17th-century arcitecture and the lovely old houses and churches.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Castelli of Emporio, Emporio Greece
The village of Emporio is the largest settlement of Santorini.
The fact that this village was initially made to be a fortress has given it its medieval character and most of the houses are well-preserved. The history of this village and the role it has played in the evolution of the local trading and culture will fascinate you!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup guests from all Santorini Hotels, Airbnb's, Villas etc.If hotel is not accessible by our vehicles due to restrictions, pickup will be held from the closest pick up walking distance location .For travelers arriving by Cruise ships:The meeting point is always the top station of the cable car.For all travelers starting the tour from the Airport, Port & Cable Car station, a member of our team will be waitting holding a sign with your name on it.Airports
- Santorini Airport, Greece
- Athinios Restaurant-Cafe, Órmos Athiniós 847 00, Greece
- Amoudi Bay, Unnamed Rd,, Ormos Ammoudiou 847 02, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/31/2020 - 10/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our company has successfully attended the Health Protocol Training Program and the provisions and is certified, in the context of taking action against of the COVID-19 infection in the direction: Transportation, travel agencies, tourist buses The program was implemented by Κ.Ε.Κ.G. GENNIMATAS SA
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.