Tracey's Farmhouse Kitchen - Traditional Bread Making Experience
Join Tracey in her home for an immersive and truly authentic bread making experience. You'll start with lots of homemade treats made by Tracey. The Farmhouse will be laden with local award winning treats - homemade hand rolled butters - original and dulse, homemade jams etc. Tracey's special soda fruit bannock will be on the table - you'll love it!
Morning coffee finished, it's time to get your aprons and start baking! All breads - soda, wheaten and potato are griddle breads so they are ready in a matter of minutes. They're delicious!
Breads made - you'll be ready for some more tea and coffee and you'll want to try your breads which you will do at the kitchen table. You''ll join locals and Visitors in this experience and the craic will be great!
You will take home a big bag of your own homemade breads,and a copy of all recipes.
You'll need to bring an appetite as you have to eat everything on the table!
Duration: 2.5 Hours
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Afternoon tea
- Light refreshments
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- No Exclusions
- I am located 30 minutes from Belfast in a thatched cottage on the shores of beautiful Strangford Lough. This is an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The traditional Irish bread making experience takes place in my farmhouse kitchen. My home can be accessed by public transport or you can travel by car.
Start time is usually 11am and we would normally finish around 1.30pm.
You will arrive to my homemade Soda Fruit Bannock as it comes out of the oven. This will be served with tea and coffee.
Then it's times to roll up your sleeves and get floury! We won't weigh or measure anything - these Northern Irish Breads will be made in the traditional way! All breads will be made on your Griddle and will be cooked within 10 - 15 minutes! You'll make Soda bread, Wheaten bread and Potato bread. You will also enjoy a demo of my Soda Focaccia bread.
You'll have worked up an appetite and Tracey will have set the tables with her fine bone China.
You'll enjoy freshly made warm breads along with some of Tracey's homemade treats. You'll
take away a big bag full of your homemade breads and you'll receive a copy of the recipes for everything that you have tasted and made in the session.
• Fruit Soda Bannock - This delicious local bread is made with Buttermilk. It is topped with award winning, handmade and hand rolled local butter - absolutely delicious!
Departure Point :Tracey's Farmhouse Kitchen, 52a Ballymorran Rd, Newtownards BT23 6UD, UK
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 15 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.