Tour to Wadi El Natroun Monastery from Cairo
Discover Cairo Tours Visiting: Wadi El-Natrun, the birthplace for Christian monasticism. Visit the 4 surviving monasteries that existed here, Deir al-Baramus Monastery and learn more about the Fathers of Christian monasticism.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up services from hotel & return
- Bottled water during your trip
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place
- Private English-speaking guide
- Lunch meal at a local restaurant
- All taxes & service charge
What's excluded :
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cairo, Cairo, Cairo Governorate
Drive by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Wadi El-Natrun, the actual birthplace for Christian monasticism. Basically, there were about 50 monasteries, only 4 have survived into modern times. Begin your trip with Deir al-Baramus which is the oldest of the surviving 4 monasteries, and in many ways, the most isolated then proceeds to Deir Anba Bishoi whose body is still in the monastery. End your trip visiting Deir El-Suryani which is the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries. Lunch will be served in a local restaurant.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Kindly advise your phone number to arrange the pickup time and location with our Representative
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.