Tour to the Curricancha Reserve in Monteverde, a paradise for birdwatchers from San José
Curi-Cancha is a paradise for birdwatchers. The resplendent Quetzal, the three-horned bellbird, the Motmot crowned with blue, the orange-bellied Trogon and many others are frequently seen. In fact, more than 200 species of birds that have their home in Curi-Cancha have been observed. The mammals most frequently seen include armadillo, coati, agouti, kinkajou, ocelot, two-toed sloth and three species of monkeys: the howler with the cape, the white-faced capuchin and the spider monkey.
You will be picked up in the lobby of your Hotel in San Jose to drive about 3 hours to the Monteverde Reserve and enjoy of a delicious typical lunch for then starting your dream journey of approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. What to bring: walk shoes, binoculars, waterproof coat and camera.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bilingual guide
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- The Curi-Cancha Reserve is located in the Arenal-Tempisque conservation area in the heart of Monteverde. Protects 83 hectares (205 acres) of 50% virgin forest, 45% secondary forest, and 5% grassland. The altitude ranges from 1,450 meters to 1,615 meters, with 40% of very humid montane low forest and 60% of pre-montane humid forest.
Seven kilometers of nature trails allow visitors to explore the flora and fauna of the tropical cloud forest. Curi-Cancha is a paradise for birdwatchers. The Quetzal, the Bellbird, the Bobo bird, the orange-bellied Trogon, and many others are frequently seen. In fact, more than 200 species of birds have been observed in Curi-Cancha. Among the most commonly seen mammals are the armadillo, the coati, the guatusa, the hammerhead, the ocelot, the two-toed sloth, and three species of monkeys: the howler monkey, white monkey face and the spider monkey.
Visitors are invited to explore the trails on their own or hire the services of a guide to improve their experience. Guided bird watching walks are also available with guides who have specialized experience in finding and identifying local birds. The Curi-Cancha Reserve develops sustainable practices designed to maintain the reserve in a healthy habitat for the animals. Our main objective is to protect the flora and fauna, at the same time provide a first level service and responsible with the environment to our guests.
Departure Point :We pick up at your hotel in San Jose, Alajuela, Heredia or Cartago
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.