Tour to Dragón Temple, Chan Chan archaeological site and Huanchaco beach-Private
Visit to the Huaca Dragón (Dragon Temple), also known as the Rainbow Temple, located in Trujillo. The building was erected by the Chimú culture, a lordship contemporary of the Incas. It is an impressive religious monument and ceremonial center which was also used for administrative purposes. You will then visit the Chan Chan archaeological complex, the largest mud city of the Americas and the most important city of the Chimú culture, which has an area of approximately 20 kilometers square. Its central area is formed by a group of ten walled premises (called 'citadels') and other independent pyramids. The rest of the complex is composed of several small structures, sidewalks, canals, walls and cemeteries. You will then visit Huanchaco, an ancestralfishermens cove, where it is possible to watch old reed boats known asCaballitos de totora, with which the local population maintains itsthousand-year-old tradition of artisan fishing.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Touristic transportation.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Admission to Chan Chan.
- Entry/Admission - Museo de Sitio de Chan Chan
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Huaca Arco-Iris or Huaca El Dragon, Chan Chan, Trujillo Peru
'Huaca Dragon' or 'Huaca Arco Iris' from the Chimu culture is a prominent religious monument and ceremonial and administrative center, built with adobe and whose murals are decorated with friezes showing anthropomorphic figures and representing the rainbow.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo de Sitio de Chan Chan, Av. Chan Chan s/n, Huanchaco Peru
Chan Chan was declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco. It is composed of nine citadels that cover an area of more than 20 square kilometers and make it the largest in America.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Playa de Huanchaco, Avenida Costanera, Huanchaco 13000 Peru
Huanchaco is one of Trujillo's most traditional beaches. Here you can see the famous Totora horses: boats made of vegetable fibers that artisanal fishers use to navigate between the waves of the Pacific.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Trujillo Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your pick up.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- It recommended to bring sunscreen and repellent.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.