Tour to Dragón Temple, Chan Chan Archaeological Site and Huanchaco Beach
Start your visit at the 'Huaca Dragon' or 'Huaca Arco Iris', from the Chimu culture. It is a prominent religious monument and ceremonial and administrative centre, built with adobe and whose murals are decorated with friezes showing anthropomorphic figures and representing the rainbow. Its pyramidal structure served to perform ceremonies related to rain and fertility. Continue your walk at Chan Chan; the impressive mud city declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco. Considered the capital of the Chimu culture, it is composed of nine citadels that cover an area of more than 20 square kilometres and make it the largest in America. The details on its walls reflect the great work done in its construction and that has remained more than a thousand years until today. The last point of the tour is Huanchaco, one of Trujillo's most traditional beaches and famous for totora horses: boats made of vegetable fibres that artisanal fishers use to navigate between the waves of the Pacific.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Touristic transportation.
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish).
- Admission to Chan Chan.
- Entry/Admission - Museo de Sitio de Chan Chan
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Huaca Arco-Iris or Huaca El Dragon, Chan Chan, Trujillo Peru
'Huaca Dragon' or 'Huaca Arco Iris' from the Chimu culture is a prominent religious monument and ceremonial and administrative center, built with adobe and whose murals are decorated with friezes showing anthropomorphic figures and representing the rainbow.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Museo de Sitio de Chan Chan, Av. Chan Chan s/n, Huanchaco Peru
Chan Chan was declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco. It is composed of nine citadels that cover an area of more than 20 square kilometers and make it the largest in America.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Playa de Huanchaco, Avenida Costanera, Huanchaco 13000 Peru
Huanchaco is one of Trujillo's most traditional beaches. Here you can see the famous Totora horses: boats made of vegetable fibers that artisanal fishers use to navigate between the waves of the Pacific.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located at Trujillo Historic Center.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your pick up.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- It recommended to bring sunscreen and repellent.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.