Tour Privado a San Basilio de Palenque: Patrimonio De La Humanidad
.Have you ever been to Africa ?
San Basilio de palenque is exactly a piece africa of in America
Where its population still preserves the customs, the african languages,dance,culture, way of living and beliefs.
During colonial times more than one million africans were brought by spaniards to cartagena to work as slaves ,those african were treated like animals, but some of them could scape from their masters thanks to the hair styles of the local women that played a very important rol on their way to freedom.
A local guide from Palenque will provide you with detailed information about this world heritage site . You will fell like if you were in africa interacting with locals.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- lunch is optional with adittional charge, please see your Â tour options.
- be picked up at the hotel to start this 5 hours experience (departure recommended hour is 09:00 hrs but pick up at hotel starts before according your location. Please provide your accomodations details to confirm your pick up).Â
during your transfer in an air condittioned vehicle to Saint Basilio, you will be assisted by our professional staff who will introduce you to the history of this village.
once you arrive to the Village you will be introduced to a Native guide who will explain from first source the history ofÂ Saint BasilioÂ´s Palenque the first town of black slaves in America who freed himself from the Spanish crown almost a hundred years earlier than the first American country declared its independence.Â a placeÂ where music, language, medicine and other daily traditions constantly remind Africa the continent that five centuries ago became the main source of slaves in the world.
In the village you will walk through the streets and the main square to meet some of the most important representative persons in palenque.
it is optional to have a lunch in a country house returning from Saint BasilioÂ´s palenque before your dropp off at your hotel.
Departure Point :San Basilio de Palenque, Mahates, Bolivar, Colombia
Traveler pickup is offered
Passengers can inform us the time and the place they want we to pick them up Since it is a private Tour.Airports
- Rafael Nunez Airport, Cartagena Colombia
- Port of Cartagena, Cl. 28 #24-39, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.