Tour of the Historic Center of Naples With the Veiled Christ
The veiled Christ is an unavoidable stop for those who decide to get to know the history of Naples and its citizens. in one place history, art, science, alchemy, religion and mystery merge. The ancient center of Naples is a puzzle to be solved, with its churches and its millennial stories, where life and death often sit at the same table ... to take a nice coffee !!!
per adult from
What's included :
- admission ticket to the museum chapel
- guide service
- Entry/Admission - Museo Cappella Sansevero
What's excluded :
- each paid entrance excluded from the tour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo Cappella Sansevero, Via Francesco De Sanctis, 19/21, 80134, Naples Italy
our tour will start immediately with a visit to the wonderful Sansevero Chapel, a brilliant idea inspired by the Neapolitan baroque style, of what was Raimondo di Sangro, prince of Sansevero, but for many Neapolitans of the time, a man simply enigmatic.
inside this jewel one of the best-known Neapolitan artistic works is preserved: the Veiled Christ. Many doubts on the symbology of the work and on the modalities of execution, but only one certainty: you will be amazed!
at the end of the tour at the Chapel, our walk will continue to the center, always focusing on artistic details of palaces and churches with a strong esoteric character. In fact, we will see the Church of the Souls in Purgatory, the numerous shrines of the "pezzentelle souls" ... to conclude in the Church of the New Jesus.
** the Chapel ticket will be purchased online when booking the tour and will be included in the cost of the tour for a maximum of 10 people per group.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Complesso Museale Santa Maria delle Anime del Purgatorio ad Arco, Via Dei Tribunali 39, 80138, Naples Italy
the church of Purgatorio ad Arco will be our second stop.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gesu Nuovo Church, Piazza del Gesu 1, 80134, Naples Italy
last stop of the tour. we will visit the church inside and outside
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Museo Cappella Sansevero, Via Francesco de Sanctis, 19/21, 80134 Napoli NA, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza del Gesù Nuovo, 80134 Napoli NA, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.