Tour of Matera: between gastronomy and handicraft
Private guided walking tour in the company of a local guide who will accompany you to discover the "Sassi", interspersing the visit of the monuments to tastings in typical places of typical local products
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- private tour guide
- tasting of typical products
- visit the stamp shop
What's excluded :
- cave houses and rupestrian church tickets
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza Vittorio Veneto, Matera Italy
Meeting with the guide in Piazza Vittorio Veneto, from where you will start a pleasant walk admiring the view of the Sasso Barisano. From here we will continue towards the "civita", the oldest part of Matera, to discover the ancient history of the city, carved into the rock.
Pass By: Cattedrale di Matera, Piazza del Duomo, Matera Italy
You will be amazed by the presence of fascinating frescoed rock churches and houses in the rock, where the inhabitants lived until the beginning of the 20th century. Finally you will arrive at the Cathedral of Santa Maria della Bruna, built in the Apulian Romanesque style.
Pass By: Matera, Matera, Province of Matera, Basilicata
You will stop at a bakery to taste the focaccia with tomatoes and in a shop to taste typical products such as bran peppers, cheeses and local ham with bread and extra virgin olive oil, fried beans and taralli with some good Matera primitives. The unique experience will end with a visit to a craft shop where the bread stamps are made. Here the craftsman will explain to you the long tradition of this profession and you will make a stamp with your hands.
Departure Point :Banco di Napoli, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 51, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- if the secutity distance can't be respected you should wear the face mask
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.