Tour of Komani Lake & Valbona Valley in two days
According to Bradt Travel Guides, the Komani Lake journey is described as “one of the world’s greatest boat trips”. The tour to Komani Lake & Valbona Valley is a special interest hiking and adventure tour program exclusively designed to offer participants the best combination of pristine wild nature, unforgettable ferry ride through the heart of the Albanian Alps, local folklore and traditions. During these two days, you will be able to visit most of the attractions of Northern Albania, combining a variety of exciting outdoor activities with plenty of time to soak up the local culture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- BB (Accommodation and Breakfast) for one overnight
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pick up in Tirana
- Hotel drop off in Tirana
- Transport provided by the company from Tirana to Vau I Dejes
- Local transport for the bumpy road from Vau I Dejes to Komani Lake
- Ferry ticket Komani Lake to Fierza Dam
- Local transport for the bumpy road from Fierza to Valbona
- Old Bazaar in Gjakova (Kosovo during the return to Tirana)
- Tourist taxes
- Road taxes
- Entry/Admission - Komani Lake
- Entry/Admission - Valbona Valley National Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch, Dinner, Drinks & Snacks
- Personal spending
- Everything that is not mentioned in the included
- * Tips are not a must in Albania or the Balkans
- however, our recommendation is to tip the tour guide/driver 5 - 6 Euros per day/person
- as an international practice to tip good service.
- * Please note that prices are calculated on triple or quadruples room occupancy.
- Double or single room occupancy is possible on extra charge.
- The Triple/Quadruple room occupancy means you might share the room with other travellers
- and/or the tour guide (whom could be males or females).
- Double room occupancy is possible on 10 Euros extra charge per night per person.
- Single room occupancy is possible on 20 Euros extra charge per night per person.
Day 1: Tirana – Komani Lake – Valbona Valley National Park
Stop At: Vau i Dejes, Vau i Dejes, Shkoder, Shkoder County
Our journey towards Komani Lake begins early in the morning at 05:00 am. Our tour guide will come and pick you up at your hotel in Tirana. As we take the turn from the main road to Vau i Dejës the area becomes more rural, with fewer cars but more wild nature and amazing landscapes. We will stop for a short break by Vau i Dejes Lake, a beautiful and tranquil setting, and from here on we will experience local transport over bumpy roads but with a great view.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Komani Lake, Koman Albania
At 09:00, we get on a ferry that will take us through Komani Lake offering spectacular views of the Albanian Alps, waterfalls, rural villages and wild forests. It is considered by many as an exotic experience combined with the unmatched hospitality of the locals.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Valbona Valley National Park, Valbona Albania
Our next destination will be Valbona Valley National Park. We will arrive in Valbona around 13:00 and after a delicious traditional lunch (lunch break will be around noon both days of the tour), we will explore the area and admire the so-called Crown of the Albanian Alps.
Duration: 4 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight in a guesthouse in Valbona.
Day 2: Valbona - Gjakova (Kosovo) - Tirana
Stop At: Kukaj, Albania
Waking up with such a magnificent view of the Albanian Alps will make you want to stay longer, but after breakfast we will have to continue our journey to other astonishing wonders. We will hike towards Kukaj village (about 1-hour hike) with a spectacular view of the Balkan Peaks.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Gjakova, Gjakova
At about 12:00, we will leave Valbona Valley towards Gjakova (Kosovo), where we will visit the old medieval bazaar and enjoy a tasty lunch. We will drive back towards Tirana (about 3 to 4-hour drive) through the mountainous terrain of the Albanian North. We will arrive in Tirana in the late afternoon.
Duration: 3 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Choose Balkans - Albania Tour Operator, Rruga Reshit Çollaku, Tirana, Albania
Traveler pickup is offered
The tour departs from Choose Balkans office at Rr. Reshit Çollaku. On request (at least 12 hoursbefore tour departure) we can pick you up at 5:00 am from your hotel in Tirana free of charge.Airports
- Rinas Airport, Tirana Albania
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please note that due to rapid changes of the pandemic worldwide, measures and governmental restrictions on travel safety might change.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.