Tour: Egyptian Museum and Giza pyramids and Hanging Church
See the Giza Pyramids, the Egyptian Museum and the Hanging Church on a full-day tour through Cairo remarkable history and heritage. Visit a trio of pyramids on the Giza Plateau as you explore alongside an Egyptologist guide, meet the mysterious Great Sphinx then learn how King Chephren was mummified at his royal Valley Temple. Browse statues, artifacts and pharaohs’ treasure in the remarkable collections at the Egyptian museum, then discover gilded icons and holy relics in an Old City Coptic church.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Egyptologist Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- Your tour guide will meet you in your hotel and you can start your tour from Cairo or Giza. You will see the Giza pyramids which are the biggest pyramids in Egypt. From there you will be transferred to a panoramic area where you can see the entire area and live the adventure in a camel ride around the pyramids. From there, you will then visit The Sphinx and Valley Temple. After the pyramids you will arrive at the Egyptian Museum, located on famous square in Cairo. On the ground floor of the museum there is an extensive collection of papyrus and coins used in the Ancient world and artifacts from the New Kingdom. On the first floor there are artifacts from the final two dynasties of Egypt, including items from the tombs of the Pharaohs Thutmosis III, Thutmosis IV, Amenophis II, Hatshepsut, and the courtier Maiherpri, as well as many artifacts from the Valley of the Kings, in particular the material from the intact tombs of Tutankhamun and Psusennes I. See the Gold Death Mask of Tutankhamun and some mummified animals, overall the museum houses the world’s largest collection of Pharaonic antiquities. After the museum you will have lunch an a local restaurant. And after lunch the last place to visit during this tour will be Hanging Church, which is also referred to as the Suspended Church or Al-Moallaqa. It is called the Hanging Church because it was built on the southern gate of the Roman Fortress. Logs of palm trees and layers of stones were constructed above the ruins of the Roman fortress to be used as a foundation. Explore famous church in Cairo to understand Coptic religion. Hanging Church served as the residence of the Coptic Patriarch. Later, you will be transferred to your hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Cairo or Giza
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.