Tour by train
With '' Monte Mare Travel '', start a tour of Platije - an impressive canyon that leaves breathless. The canyon persists through the vertical rocks and cliffs, which rise up to 1,000 meters above sea level. In departure, you will enjoy the view of the canyon from the height, while in return we pass through the narrowest and deepest part of the canyon where we take a break for photographing this natural force.
The Railway Belgrade - Bar line, 476 km long, is considered to be the most attractive railroad in Europe. Its construction lasted for 25 years, from 1951 to 1976. It was put into operation on May 28, 1976. Then the '' Blue train ''; passed through the line, where the first passenger was former Yugoslav president Josip Broz Tito with his wife Jovanka, and the state leadership of all republics and the Federation. In this train, the then president hosted many political leaders including: Nehru, Nasser, Arafat, Breschnew, Mitterrand.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Driving by minivan, van or minibus to Podgorica Railway station
- Drving by minivan, van or minibus from Kolašin to place of your accommodation/stay
- Licensed tourist guide in English
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Cultural Center Kolasin
- Entry/Admission - Moraca Monastery
What's excluded :
- Food and drink during the excursion, visits to restaurants and bars
- Other non-program costs
- Travel health insurance - optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Podgorica, Podgorica, Podgorica Municipality
Departure by appointment. Driving by car, minivan, van or minibus to the train station in Podgorica.
Duration of the drive - 1h to 1h 30 min (depending on the place - city of your accommodation/stay).
Driving by train Podgorica - Kolašin - about 1h 30 mins.
We sit in train and from the capital of Montenegro - Podgorica, we slowly continue to drive high above the north. We will pass high through the cliffs of the canyon, where you will enjoy the view of the Morača river and the Platije canyon. You will surely be delighted with what you see. From there the peaks of Maganik, Žurim and Stožac are also seen. Next we will cross the bridge on Mala Rijeka, one of the highest in Europe (498 m long and 200 m high).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cultural Center Kolasin, Ul. Vojvode Mine, Kolasin, Kolasin Municipality 81210 Montenegro
Arriving at Kolašin. Kolašin is at 954 m above sea level and offers excellent holidays in winter and summer. In Bjelasica there is a well-known ski resort just a few kilometers from the city. Many people call this city an aerial spa due to the height and extraordinary climatic conditions. There is a unique botanical garden in Kolašin, which is a true treasure of flora of the continental part of Montenegro.
A special attraction for tourists is the National Park Biogradska gora - the first declared national park in Montenegro, in 1952. The most important natural value of this national park is the forest of Biogradska gora. In the heart of the forest there is a beautiful Biogradsko lake, the largest and most famous of many glacier lakes in the area of the national park. The rich flora and fauna of the National Park Biogradska gora made it very interesting and attractive to many scientists, scientific observations and studies, as well as for sightseeing and visits.
City tour - 2h. Free time for a walk or lunch with the enjoyment of traditionally prepared Montenegrin specialties.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Moraca Monastery, E65, Bare, Kolasin Municipality 81210 Montenegro
Return. Drive by car, van or bus to Morača monastery - 40 min.
Visit Morača monastery – 30 min.
Continuation of driving towards the town of your accommodation /stay. Arrival at the city of accommodation /stay.
The end of the tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels and other accommodations in Podgorica, Ulcinj, Bar, Budva, Kotor and Tivat. We pick up from ports: Kotor and Bar.Pick up from other cities in Montenegro on request for extra fee.Ports
- Port of Kotor, 420 Stari Grad, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Masks are required indoors as well as while driving in a vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.