Totumo Mud Volcano Half Day Tour
A short 45-minute drive from Cartagena is El Volcán de Lodo El Totumo (The mud volcano of Totumo). With an approximate elevation of just 20 meters this volcano houses a natural pool of volcanic mud, with an amazing relaxing effect and attributed healing powers of the skin, this is one of the most desirable tours of Cartagena.
After your relaxing mud bath, we search for a group of women in the Totumo Marsh, all of whom are heads of their respective families and responsible for your cleaning. At the end of this process, we head to the beautiful beaches of Manzanillo del Mar where you’ll enjoy a swim in the tropical waters.
Colombia is full of diversity and touristic activities, fauna, flora, and beautiful places to visit along with the vast gastronomy experiences are things that make it very valuable in South America. It also makes it an important destination worldwide. Worldwide there are few activities like going to the Totumo Mud Volcano; this is truly a wonderful experience.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bilingual Guide
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Volcan de Lodo El Totumo (Mud Volcano)
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the plan
- Experiences and Transport not mentioned in the plan
- Personal expenses and tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volcan de Lodo El Totumo (Mud Volcano), Santa Catalina, Caribe Colombiano, Cartagena Colombia
Enjoy a fantsatic mud bath, where you'll have the mineral rich mud massaged into your skin by locals.
Following this relaxing massage you'll be cleaned by expert local woman and then off to the beach for a swim and to remove any additional mud in the hard to reach places ;-)
Tour times: 8am - 1pm, 1pm-5pm
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll colect you from your hotel in Centro or Bocagrande in Cartagena. You can be collected from other locations, but there may be an additional cost.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are always monitoring health and security issues and will always keep our travelers' informed of any necessary changes that may be needed for upcoming travel plans.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.