Tortuga Island Cruise from San Jose
Leave the bustle of San Jose behind on this full-day tour to the tropical beaches and warm waters of Tortuga Island, located on the Gulf of Nicoya. Featuring some of Costa Rica’s best snorkeling, Tortuga Island also boasts white sand beaches and turquoise waters, perfect for a swim or to simply relax. Your local guide provides breakfast on the coach ride and a freshly-prepared buffet lunch at the beach. With round-trip transport from your hotel included, you get to sit back and enjoy the day!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Light refreshments and wine (served during lunch)
- Professional guide
- Boat cruise
What's excluded :
- Additional activities - snorkeling and/or banana boat plus beach chair ($15 USD each)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gray Line Costa Rica, La Uruca, San Jose 10110 Costa Rica
After early morning pickup at your centrally located hotel, travel 1.5 hours by comfortable coach to Puntarenas. Snack on a simple breakfast consisting of a sandwich, juice and fruit served on board the coach. In Puntarenas, board your spacious boat for a nearly 2-hour cruise to Tortuga Island, taking in the jungle-clad coast of this gorgeous archipelago as you go.
Pristine white sand beaches and calm turquoise water surround Tortuga Island, making it a perfect place to swim and snorkel. With approximately five hours to spend at your leisure on the island, it’s up to you whether you want to relax, be active, or both! Sunbathe on the beach or go for a dip in the sea. Explore hiking trails or play sports on the beach. You can also choose to snorkel, kayak or take a banana boat ride for a small additional charge.
While you are soaking up the tropical ambiance, your guide prepares a gourmet buffet lunch for you to snack on when you get hungry. Your lunch choices include salads, grilled fish or chicken accompanied by rice and sautéed vegetables, fresh fruits, wine, and Costa Rican coffee. A few musicians play fun beach music as you enjoy your meal.
After a day in paradise, head back to San Jose, retracing your steps by boat and coach. Your tour ends when you are returned to your hotel in the evening.
Stop At: Tortuga Island, Puntarenas 00000 Costa Rica
At Tortuga Island you will experience a day full of beautiful skies, great ocean views and live music. On board the yacht savory tropical fruits and refreshing natural drinks will be served. Then, you will explore
the island, immersing yourself in the calm clear waters and lush landscape, where you can take a swim,
sunbathe, and/or take an optional tour like kayaking or canopy. Then a delicious lunch will be prepared by the crew.
Tortuga Island is composed of 120 hectares of gorgeous terrain, with 4 main hills; not to mention a 500 meter beach which is a recipient of the blue flag certification. On the way to Tortuga Island you will see the San Lucas Island which in the past was a security prison where no human rights existed and thus a dark age in Costa Rica´s history.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
On the arrival at the hotel the tour guide is going to ask in the reception of the hotel for the client
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a swimsuit, towel, sunblock and a hat
- Minimum age to drink wine is 18 years
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.