Torres Wine Cellars, Montserrat and Sitges Guided Day Tour from Barcelona
Discover one of the most mystic Catalan wonders and visit Montserrat. See the Black Madonna, enter the audiovisual exhibition and taste typical liquors. Learn about the art of winemaking at the family owned Torres Wine Cellars, see the vineyards and enjoy a wine tasting. Explore the quaint village of Sitges and stroll through its Mediterranean style streets on a walking guided tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
- Taste of 4 typical liquors of the area in Montserrat.
- Walking tour in Sitges.
- Admission and tour in Torres Wine Cellars. Wine tasting with pairing.
- Radio guide system
- Entrance fee to the audio visual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”.
- Gastronomic lunch if option selected.
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Board a coach from our office in central Barcelona to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth.
Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day their wood carving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction.
Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio visual exhibition once the guided tour finishes.
Departure Point :Carrer de Balmes, 5, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- A dress code is required to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please remember to request a change in the usual menu due to food intolerances or other reason when making your reservation and wait for the answer. If you do not notify us in advance, the company is not responsible for not being able to serve you an alternative menu.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.