Top-Rated Snorkeling Silfra Tour and Whale Watching w. Pickup from Reykjavík
Snorkel in the crystal-clear waters of Iceland's Thingvellir National Park and go whale watching on this memorable day trip from Reykjavik. Drive into the stunning park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and visit Silfra, a natural fissure on a lake where two of the world’s tectonic plates meet underwater. Swim over the tectonic join, and wonder at the extraordinary water clarity and colors. Afterward, drive back to Reykjavik and enjoy a 3-hour cruise to search for minke and humpback whales, porpoises and dolphins in the magnificent setting of Faxaflói Bay.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hot chocolate and cookies after snorkeling
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Onboard Wi-Fi access on whale watching trip
- Experienced and professional guides
- Use of coveralls on whale watching trip
- Use of snorkel equipment and dry suit
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
- Entry/Admission - Elding Whale Watching
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: DIVE.IS - PADI 5 Star Dive Center Iceland, Hólmaslóð 2, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
You will be picked up from your hotel or designated bus stop by Dive.is shuttle bus at 07:00 taking you to Þingvellir national park which is about 45 km. from Reykjavík.
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
On site you will be geared up by your tour guide and shown the appropriate snorkeling methods. Once you are in the water the make sure to enjoy every moment - Snorkeling in the crystal clear glacial water in Silfra with over 100m view of its stunning surroundings is an amazing experience. Adding to that you are swimming between two continents and get an excellent view of the crack separating the European and American continental shells. The total time of snorkeling is approximately 1 hour. After the snorkeling you will be offered a well deserved and very welcome hot chocolate and cookies before heading back to Reykjavík for the next leg of the combo.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Elding Whale Watching, AEgisgarour 5, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
You will be driven back to Reykjavík in time for the whale watching tour starting at 14:00 from the Old Harbour. In summer we can expect to see minke whales at their most abundant, along with white-beaked dolphins, harbour porpoises and even humpback whales. After exploring the wonders of the whales and seabirds Faxaflói offers you return to the harbour around 17:00. You can choose to stay in the city centre area or ask our shuttle bus driver to take you back to your hotel or designated bus stop.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup starts at 7:00 from your chosen pickup place and is operated by Dive.is - feel free to call if you need additional information regarding the pickup.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- For the snorkelling the passenger must:
- Please bring suitable clothes for cold weather conditions: long underwear, thick socks etc
- be at least 12 years of age
- be at least 150 cm
- be at least 45 kg
- be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Efforts are made to invite passengers to stay 2m. apart from others whenever possible during whale watching tour, but guests are asked to wear a face mask for their own safety. Face masks can be purchased in Elding's ticket office before departure and hand sanitisers are available on board.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.