Tongli Water Town Visit and Courtyard Lifestyle Experience at Jinze Water Village
Enjoy a day to cultural Tongli ancient water village on the outskirts of Suzhou. Besides sightseeing, you will have a culinary experience during this activity. You will be provided by 8-course home-made delicacies for lunch in a classic courtyard style tea house at Jinze water village. Followed by a pleasurable tea ceremony, and you surely will appreciate the tranquil surroundings. Before the tour ends, you will participate a dumpling cook class and have some self-made dumplings before going back to Shanghai.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour guide
- Comfortable minivan with driver
- Home-style lunch
- Tea ceremony
- Dumpling cooking session
- Drinks: fresh juice, beer, wine, Chinese Baijiu Mao Tai, tea
- Free 4G wifi available during the tour
- Entry/Admission - Tongli Town
- Entry/Admission - Jinze Ancient Town
What's excluded :
- Personal expense
- Meet your tour guide at your hotel lobby in the morning, and go to famous Tongli ancient water village directly. It's a beautiful water town with over 1,500 years history. Even nowadays, the locals still have a living along the riverside. You will spend about 2 hours here to explore the alley ways and visit the most exquisite "Retreat and Reflection Garden".
Then, you will be transferred to another peaceful water village named Jinze, which is with a history of more than 2000 years. It hasn’t been commercialized as a tourist attraction yet, so you can truly experience a primitive water village of China. Your lunch will be served at a classic courtyard style tea house, and your host will cook for you 8 tasty dishes. You may walk into the kitchen to see the cooking process if you like.
In the afternoon, you will have Chinese tea ceremony, which you can learn about Chinese tea culture and history. Of course, you will gain some knowledge different kind of tea leaves and how to use the tea sets. At meantime, you can also practice Chinese calligraphy here if you are interested in. To learn some Chinese words in both reading and writing by brush and ink.
You will Chinese dumpling making session together with your lovely chef in the tea house. You will learn 3 different ways to make and cook dumplings, then enjoy self-made dumplings as snack or early dinner before heading back to Shanghai.
Your day tour ends around 6:30pm and you will be back to your hotel in Shanghai around 7:30pm .
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your centrally located hotel in Shanghai
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.