Tomar and Castle of Almourol Private Full-Day Tour from Lisbon
Discover the best-kept secrets of Portugal's history on this private, 8-hour tour. With your professional guide, explore Tomar and Almourol and learn the myths and legends of the Middle Ages. This tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off from Lisbon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off from Lisbon
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle that's Wi-Fi equipped
- Private tour
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - Castelo de Almourol
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees at the Convent of Christ
- Surcharge for hotel pickup and drop-off from Cascais or Estoril (roughly €20)
- Follow the trail of the Knights Templar during your private, full-day tour. Meet your guide at your hotel in Lisbon at around 9am. Head north to visit the biggest tourist caves in Portugal. Your guide will provide stories about the local history throughout the day.
Next, discover Tomar, a 12th Templar town featuring a castle and the Convent of Christ, an UNESCO World Heritage Site (own expense). Visit the historic center of Tomar, including the Church of Santa Maria do Olival and the 16th-century Church of São João Baptista.
Enjoy lunch at a Medieval tavern (own expense). After lunch, stop at the Castle of Almourol, situated in the middle of the Tagus River. The best way to reach the castle is by boat. You will have free time at each stop during the day to explore.
Finally, take in the relaxing landscape on your drive back to Lisbon. You will return at about 6pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair; however the transportation is wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- You must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time and location; contact details will be listed on your booking voucher
- Convent of Christ is closed on: New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, May 1, and Christmas
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Due to country-wide regulation, the use of face masks inside the vehicle and inside monuments is mandatory. Customers will also be asked to clean their hands with the provided sanitizing gel before entering the vehicle
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.