Toledo of legend, torture and "autos de Fe"
Enjoy this walk to discover the two faces of the same city: a Toledo of convents, Toledo of Inquisition. Was everything so idyllic? Discover the darkest side of Toledo entering the black legend of the Inquisition
One of the best ways to discover Toledo is through its popular legends. Do not miss the opportunity to walk through narrow, lonely alleys that were once full of convents and monasteries. Every beautiful corner of the city served to inspire beautiful love legends narrated by famous writers who fell in love with the city.
But not everything was so romantic and idyllic in Toledo. Learn about the origins of the Court of the Holy Inquisition and its connection with the city. What were the processes like? Were prisons so horrible for how they told us? It includes entrance to the Torture Instruments Exhibition and the basements of an old prison that inspired Edgar Allan Poe himself.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance to the Exhibition of Instruments of old instruments of Torture
- Entrance to some old dungeons
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casco Historico de Toledo, Toledo Spain
Visit the convent area of Toledo, full of narrow and winding streets. Tour the most silent and religious Toledo and continue your sight discovering the history of the Inquisition in the city.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Zocodover Square, Plaza de Zocodover, 45001 Toledo, Spain
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Posada de la Hermandad, 4,, Calle Hermandad, 2, 45001 Toledo, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.