Toledo Half-Day or Full-Day Tour from Madrid
Dive into a fascinating mix of cultures in Toledo. Walk through the Old Town part of the city following your local guide and see the famous painting by el Greco, The Burial of the Count of Orgaz. See one of the most important Gothic Cathedrals in Spain. Did you know Toledo was once Spain’s capital?
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Air conditioned motor coach.
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Individual radioguided system
- Tour operated in both English and Spanish.
- Local official guide.
- Entry/Admission - Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Entry/Admission - Synagogue of Saint Mary the White
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de Santo Tome
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Santa Iglesia Catedral Primada de Toledo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Toledo, Toledo, Province of Toledo, Castile-La Mancha
Relax and enjoy the scenery on the way to the city. Follow your local guide on a walking tour of the Historic City of Toledo, World Heritage City since 1986. Once Spain’s capital, it is a perfect mix of Arab, Jewish and Christian cultures. Learn about its fantastic heritage and see how the coexistence of cultures through the centuries influenced its current architectural style.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes, Calle Reyes Catolicos 17, 45002 Toledo Spain
Stroll amid the courtyard cloisters and royal coats of arms at the San Juan de los Reyes Monastery. Admire the building sponsored by Queen Elizabeth from Castilla to become a royal mausoleum, the most important construction built by the Catholic Monarchs.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Synagogue of Saint Mary the White, Calle Reyes Catolicos 4, 45002 Toledo Spain
Right after the visit we will walk to the Synagogue of Sta. Maria la Blanca. Originally built as a synagogue, it was expropriated and became a Church only 211 years after it opened its doors. Today, it is a fantastic museum of Mudejar (Arabic) style that you will visit.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia de Santo Tome, Plaza Conde 4, 45002 Toledo Spain
Admire the world famous painting of by el Greco – The Burial of the Count of Orgaz – at the Church of St. Tomé. Did you know el Greco himself lived in this beautiful city?
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Santa Iglesia Catedral Primada de Toledo, Calle Cardenal Cisneros, 1, 45002 Toledo, Spain
The walking tour will continue until we reach the Cathedral, considered of the most important Gothic Cathedrals in Spain. You will see it from the outside before the guided tour finishes. Then, you will have free time to explore Toledo on your own before returning to Madrid.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Calle de San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Return Detail :Plaza de Oriente, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Please keep in mind that the excursion includes several visits on foot, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- St Tomé Church visitors are kindly requested to respect the instructions of the Security staff: Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The safety of our passengers and employees has always been our key concern at Julià Travel. The fight against Covid-19 strengthens our commitment to safety and health. Therefore we have adapted our tours to avoid large crowds and we ensured that any places we visit follow high hygiene standards.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.