What’s the Story?
Peering up in awe at monolithic steel and glass towers, one can’t help but feel small. Capture that feeling in your photographs, juxtaposing tiny human forms against cold and sterile structures. Contrast the artificial and man-made with the organic—hints of nature and human life surrounded by the Tokyo metropolis.
What We’ll Shoot
We will learn how to create compelling images of architectural elements and the people that populate the city’s concrete environs. You’ll be coached on using composition concepts like leading lines, negative space, and juxtaposition. We’ll practice using these techniques to convey a variety of narratives.
Where We’ll Explore
Our journey will begin in Shiodome—a district walled in with glass and steel skyscrapers. From here we will head to Ginza, famed for its broad avenues lined with intricate examples of avant-garde architecture. Afterward, we will end up in Yurakucho where we will explore the innards of the monolithic Tokyo International Forum.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional Photography Instructor
What's excluded :
- Bus fare
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shiodome Siosite, Higashishinbashi, Minato 105-0021 Tokyo Prefecture
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ginza, Chuo 104-0061 Tokyo Prefecture
Architecture and street photography
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Tokyo International Forum, 3-5-1, Marunouchi, Chiyoda 100-0005 Tokyo Prefecture
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :SL (Steam Locomotive) Square, 2 Chome-7 Shinbashi, Minato City, Tokyo 105-0004, Japan
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Are infant seats available? No
- Are infants required to sit on laps? No infants recommended
- Are service animals allowed? No
- Can travelers easily arrive/depart on public transportation? Yes
- Is it Wheelchair accessible? No
- Is it stroller accessible? No
- Is the physical difficulty level Easy, Moderate, or Challenging? Easy
- Please wear comfy shoes and dress appropriately for the weather. The workshop runs rain or shine!
- This photography workshop can be taken with a Phone Camera.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.