Tokyo by Night: Japanese Food Tour
Savor some amazing Japanese dishes while experiencing local nightlife on this food tour in Tokyo. Delve into the city’s nighttime culinary scene on visits to several popular pubs and restaurants for local favorites such as grilled meat skewers, hot-plate dishes, sweet cakes and sake. All tastings and necessary public transport are included, and you’ll learn a ton about Japanese food and culture from your expert local guide. This small-group tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring a more personalized experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English speaking guide
- Five assorted skewered yakitori, monja-yaki, one wagashi
- Two local drinks (sake, beer or soft drink)
- All necessary public transport
- Entry/Admission - Ginza
- Entry/Admission - Tsukishima Monja Street
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional drinks (available for purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yūrakuchō Station, 2 Chome-9 Yurakucho, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0006, Japan
The Tokyo nightlife starts after 5 pm and that’s when the tour starts. We will meet at a train station exit and we will walk along the under the train track Izakaya bars. You will see the unique part of Tokyo.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Yurakucho Yokocho, Unnamed Road 2 Chome-4, ２丁目-４ 有楽町 千代田区 東京都 100-0006, Japan
We’ll begin our tour in Yakitori Alley, near Yurakucho, an area with many casual bar-style restaurants and the birthplace of yakitori, one of many Japanese people’s favourite appetizers. As many businessmen and women do after 5pm, we’ll enjoy a drink of sake or a local beer, then sample yakitori at one of the many local restaurants, each with their own “tare” (sauce) mixed with their secret ingredients.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Ginza, Chuo 104-0061 Tokyo Prefecture
After being filled with good food, we will walk through Ginza filled with night lights and people who are enjoying the nightlife. We will also stop at a Japanese sweet shop and enjoy a seasonal or traditional sweet.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Tsukishima Monja Street, 1 Chome-9 Tsukishima, Chuo City, Tokyo 104-0052, Japan
Monja restaurant - We will catch a subway to a very local downtown area. This town is known for Monja, which is originally from Tokyo. We will enjoy cooking it on the grill on the table.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :2 Chome-9 Yurakucho, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 100-0006, Japan
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- Legal drinking age in Tokyo is 20; customers under 20 years of age will only be served non-alcoholic drinks
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.