Tokaj Full Day Private Wine Tour from Budapest
Would you like to experience the world famous and special wines of Tokaj? Then you are welcome to take a private tour to the home of Aszú, Szamorodni, Eszencia, the best natural sweet wine of the planet, which was the admired drink of kings, popes, tzars!
Check out sweet and dry Tokaj wines on a day long private wine tasting tour of the Tokaj wine region from Budapest. Visit two wineries along with our private professional guide who will introduce you all the magic of this historical region.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - one main dish of your choice, plus mineral water or soft drink
- Alcoholic Beverages - visit of two wine cellars, wine-tasting of ca. 10-12 quality wines
- Snacks - Cold snack
- Private transportation
- Picturesque vineyard tour
- Professional English-speaking wine expert
- Other surprises
What's excluded :
- Gratuity (tips are at your discretion)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tokaj Wine Region, Hungary
- Explore the dry and sweet wines and the gastronomy of the Tokaj region,
- Visit the birth of wines and check the first class Vineyards of Mád,
- Check out the two hundred years, ancient cellar labirynths under the village,
- Sample the classic and new-wave wines of contemporary Tokaj wineries,
- Taste up to 10-12 different wines and learn more about the historic wine region,
- Enjoy at least one local restaurant and some other surprises of Tokaj.
- Taste the complex adventure of Hungary’s Tokaj wine lands on a fun one day long private wine-tasting tour with a personal guide.
The historical Tokaj region is one of the biggest story in Hungarian winemaking. The wine of kings, the king of wine, as they say. Noble families, kings and aristocracy of the Carpatian Basin fighted for this rich land to own as much prestigious vineyards as possible, while revolutions and liberty wars were maintained from the incomes of Aszú wines (sold even to Louis XVI, aka. the Sun King). But Tokaj is much more than the big Aszú-story!
During the tour you will learn about the overall view of current trends in Tokaj winemaking at one or two wineries, following a flexible itinerary arranged by your guide. We will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel in Budapest, and drive you to the most picturesque spots of Tokaj and Mád. Enjoy!
Ask about the making of natural sweet wines or whatever you couldn’t ask before. You’ll see that beyond dessert wines there are dry furmints, hárslevelű, sparkling wines and much more around. Meet the local winemakers and get the chance to taste the tempting Hungarian wines accompanied by cold snacks and local produce.
Enjoy excellent wines of the terroir, the view of the Zemplén Hills and River Bodrog and Tisza, and relax with our Door-To-Door service!
Duration: 12 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotel or private address in Budapest
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.