Tlingit Canoe and Culture Experience
This small group, 2 hour experience is something that can only be done in Hoonah! The Tribe offers a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity to tour the pristine waters of Icy Strait, aboard one of their traditional, hand carved Tlingit dugout canoes. Following your adventure on the water, tour the canoe culture shed to view beautiful totems and have stories interpreted for you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Round-trip transfer from port
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hoonah Travel Adventures, 335 Harbor Dr, Hoonah, AK 99829
After your canoe tour if you would like to stop by the gift shop or try some Alaska delicacies that are featured at some fun food trucks. Shuttles run every 30 minutes back to Icy Strait Point.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR TOUR IS SCHEDULED TO DEPART, OUT OF COURTESY TO OTHERS WE LEAVE ON TIME.After exiting the ship, proceed ashore to the Icy Strait Point Adventure Center. If your ship is docked at the Adventure Dock this is a short walk(5 minutes).If your ship is docked at the Wilderness Dock this is a 25 minute walk, or you can pay to ride the Gondola(3 minute ride) to the Adventure Center.Once inside the Adventure Center walk through the building and exit through door number 2 (This is clearly marked). Follow the signs to the Excursion Hub,(another walk about 5 minutes) where you will meet your Hoonah Travel Adventures Representative.Ports
- Icy Strait Point, 108 Cannery Rd, Hoonah, AK 99829, USA
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- There is a minimum weight limit of 50 pounds.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.