Tlaquepaque Food Tour and Tequila Tasting
Get acquainted with Tlaquepaque and its culinary traditions on this 3-hour food tour! Taste delicious local dishes and sample the tequila of Jalisco while surrounded by the art, folklore and mariachi music of Tlaquepaque, a small town near Guadalajara. You’ll visit seven traditional food venues with your knowledgeable local guide against a backdrop of beautiful mansions that house the town’s museums, art galleries and handicraft stores. Enjoy personal attention on this small-group tour, limited to 16 food lovers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Food tasting
- Tequila tasting
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meet your guide at Plaza de Artesanias and set out on your small-group tour through Tlaquepaque, one of the most iconic towns in the state of Jalisco. Located just minutes away from downtown Guadalajara, Tlaquepaque is famous for its art, tequila and mariachi bands. You’ll enjoy them all, along with the local gastronomy, as you visit seven food-tasting locations (subject to change) and sample traditional dishes and beverages – enough for lunch!
Take in the explosion of flavors and colors found at a Mexican market, and experience the folklore of Tlaquepaque at one of its most traditional restaurants. Here, you can try chiles en nogada, a classic dish made with pork-stuffed poblanos covered in walnut sauce. Stop at a birria parlor to enjoy the region’s most typical dish – a spicy Mexican stew made with goat meat or lamb. Dare to try the torta ahogada, a sandwich submerged in chili sauce, but don’t worry – you can order it as spicy as you’d like.
You’ll taste different types of tequila made by a local producer and try two refreshing non-alcoholic beverages specific to Jalisco – tejuino and cazuela. You’ll want to save room for sweets like homemade candy, prepared just like Mexican grandmothers used to make.
During your tasting tour, take in the beautiful ceramics, blown glass and textiles made by renowned local artisans in their workshops. As you learn about Tlaquepaque’s history from your guide, admire the 18th- and 19th-century mansions where art is displayed and sold.
Departure Point :Calle Juárez 145, Centro, 45500 San Pedro Tlaquepaque, Jal., Mexico
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Nuestros Dulces, Calle Juárez 154, Centro, 45500 San Pedro Tlaquepaque, Jal., Mexico
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Note: tasting locations are subject to change
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- We keep our tours with small groups Good for avoiding crowds Taking safety measures
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.