Tiwanaku & Puma Punku - The Ancient Civilization - Everything Included!
Tiwanaku is a pre-Incan city in Bolivia. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and has been since year 2000. Tiwanaku is viewed by most archaeologists as being one of the key sites leading up to the Incan Empire, and remains a beautiful site for modern visitors. The artistic style of Tiwanaku is also quite unique, with fascinating figurative pieces that feature exaggerated heads. The style is related to the Huari style, also found in the Andean region, and it is possible that it grew out of the earlier Pukara style.
At the Beginning of the tour visit the Ceramic and Lithic museums, travelers can visit the ancient and enigmatic archaeological ruins such as: Gate of the Sun, Kalasasaya Temple, The Semi-Subterranean Temple with nailed heads, Monoliths, the megalithic and mysterious ancient ruins of Puma Punku and other religious enclosures.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Transport round trip.
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only) (or meeting point)
- Drop-off San Francisco Church.
- Entrance Fee to Tiwanaku.
- Entry/Admission - Tiwanaku
- Entry/Admission - Puma Punku
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tiwanaku, La Paz Bolivia
08:00/09:00 a.m. Hotel pick up.
10:40 a.m. Tour Start in Tiwanaku, ruins and museums.
02:15 p.m. Lunch.
03:00 p.m. Return to the city.
04:30 p.m. Drop-off San Francisco Church.
Beginning with a visit to the Ceramic and Lithic museums, clients can visit the ancient and enigmatic archaeological ruins such as: Gate of the Sun, Kalasasaya Temple, The Semi-Subterranean Temple with nailed heads, Monoliths, the megalithic and mysterious ancient ruins of Puma Punku and other religious enclosures.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Puma Punku, Municipalita di Tiahuanaco, Tiahuanaco Bolivia
Pumapunku is part of a large temple complex or monument group that is part of the Tiwanaku Site near Tiwanaku, in western Bolivia. It is believed to date to AD 536 and later.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Maria Auxiliadora Church, Avenida 16 de Julio, La Paz, Bolivia
Traveler pickup is offered
All Hotels in DOWNTOWN. Ask about your hotel.
Return Detail :Church of San Francisco, Sagarnaga 173, La Paz, Bolivia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.