Tivoli, Hadrians Villa and Villa d'Este, a charming day trip from Rome
Discover the hidden gems and learn about the alluring history of Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este on a 7-hour tour with an expert guide. Tour the archaeological remains of past temples, sculptures, and pools.
See beautifully preserved artifacts and ruins at UNESCO-listed Hadrian’s Villa, which was once the vacation spot of Emperor Hadrian.
Enjoy a quiet and leisurely break for lunch, before the second stop on this Tivoli tour. Visit the elegant Renaissance Villa d’Este, another UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Explore the grounds and admire the extravagant gardens and fountains. See Bernini’s illustrious Fountain of Neptune.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Villa d'Este
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Villa Adriana, Villa Adriana, Tivoli, Province of Rome, Lazio
This enchanting day trip from Rome begins with a 40-minute bus ride to Hadrian’s Villa. The vastness of Hadrian’s estate is a sight that will surely impress. The Emperor chose to build his residence outside the city in a place rich in water, in order to build the famous Canopus, one of the most preserved sites left in the complex. The statues surrounding this pool of water create stunning reflections on its surface, beautifully surrounded by luscious green gardens.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Villa d'Este, Piazza Trento 5, 00019, Tivoli Italy
We will leave the alluring ruins of the 2nd century A.D. far behind as we travel on to the 14th century to our second destination, Villa d’Este - one of the most beautiful Renaissance villas in Italy. This splendid palace, with its extraordinary gardens filled with hundreds of fountains, will leave you feeling captivated. Bernini’s monumental Neptune’s Fountain is considered the most impressive, its water jets reaching a height of 10 meters. Not to say that the Central Fountain and the Oval Fountain won’t leave you equally in awe.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Via Cavour, 224, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there is a bit of walking
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible. But if you or any member of your party has difficulty with mobility (uses crutches or a wheelchair, etc). please contact us in advance. Private tours are available to meet these needs, upon request.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.