Tiruchirappalli Ancient Temples Tour
An ancient city in southern India and is famous for many ancient, popular temples and religious institutions. These temples are covered in stone carvings that appear to be figures stacked on top of one another in pyramid form. This private, full-day tour will expose you the best examples of these temples.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Round-trip private transfer
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Special Darshan Fees (wherever it's necessary)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, Srirangam 7 km north of Tiruchy, Tiruchirappalli 620006 India
Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam has been considered as first in among 108 Divya Desam dedicated to lord vishnu. Historical evidence of this temple found from 1st century itself. The temple occupies an area of 155 acres with 81 shrines, 21 towers, 39 pavilions and many water tanks integrated into the complex making it the World's largest functioning Hindu temple. The temple complex has been nominated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is in UNESCO's tentative list.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rock Fort Temple, Rock Hills, Tiruchirappalli India
The rock is said to be one of the oldest formations in the world. It is 3.8 billion years old, It is a 275 ft tall Rock Structure, The Pallavas initially built this temple, but the Nayaks made use of its naturally fortified position and designed it again. It is a long climb up the 344 steps cut into the stone to the top, Where the lingam is said to be projection of the rock itself and Lord Vinayagr is the attraction of this rockfort, from the top you can view of entire city.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jambukeswarar Temple, Tiruchirappalli India
Jambukeswarar Temple in Thiruvanaikaval was built one of the early chola emperor Kocengannan (Kochenga Chola) in around 3rd Century. This temple is one of the five major Shiva Temples of Tamil Nadu (Panchabhoota Sthalam) representing the five great elements; this temple represents the element of water. The sanctum of Jambukeswara has an underground water stream and in spite of pumping water out, it is always filled with water.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Lourdes Church , Teppakulam Near Rock Fort, Tiruchirappalli 620002 India
It is the replica of World Famous Basilica of Lourdes in Southern France, constructed in the year 1840 AD. The main tower is 220 feet in height, It is a remarkable feat of Indian Craftsmanship and Glass Paintings, it is near to Rock Fort Temple
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your driver and vehicle details will be sent to you in message (you are requested to please contact your hotel concierge / bell desk / front desk to call the driver from car parking area to portico (entrance) at your pick-up time
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Shoes must be removed at places of worship, Dress code is smart casual (Please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Important notice about Tour Guide: All place of worship and museums has basic standard of "keep silence", so there is no possibility to give any commentary on that place, All possible information and assistance will be provided (if you have asked for it in advance), Tour operator (Uvamai Niche Tourism) never ever arrange tour guides for their tours
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.