Timișoara - walking tour in Europe's Capital of Culture 2023
Timisoara is the designated European Capital of Culture of 2023. It's a city that somehow went under the radar a mainstream tourism due to its position far away from the country capital. But it is a city that can deliver a powerful first impression due to its austrian, romanian and hungarian heritage. Take a guided tour through Timisoara in order to unveil its many layers and understand why Timisoara has been designated next years European Capital of Culture.
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour Guide System with headset
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Timisoara Orthodox Cathedral, Bulevardul Regele Ferdinand I, Timisoara 300006 Romania
Until 2019 the Orthodox Cathedral of Timisoara was the tallest church in Romania. The cathedral is the seat of the orthodox archbishop of Banat region.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Opera House, Strada Marasesti 2 Victory square, Timisoara 300080 Romania
Timisoara's Opera House is not only a cultural building set to deliver operas, operettas and stage plays to the public. It is a place of historical importance. The edifice built in 1871 after plans of Viennese architects Fellner and Helmer, modified in 1923 has played a major role in the uprising that swept communist rule away in December 1989. From the balcony of the Opera House the people of Timisoara declared the city the first communism free town of Romania.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral, Bulevardul Regele Ferdinand I, Timișoara, Romania
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Timisoara Airport, Timisoara Romania
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Piața Unirii, Timișoara, Romania
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- On tour I use audio system. You will hear me in your ear piece and will be able to keep your distance to me and other pedestrians.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.