Tikal Tour from the Belize Border
Tikal National Park covers 575 square kilometers of jungle and thousands of structures in ruins.
Only the central part of the old city contains 3,000 buildings and covers about 16 square kilometers.
Tikal is also part of the Mayan Biosphere Reserve of one million hectares created in 1990 to protect the dense forests of Petén, which began to disappear at an alarming rate due to population pressures, illegal logging and agricultural practices of felling and burning.
Archaeologists estimate that the Maya settled in the area now known as Tikal in approximately 900 BC.
per adult from
6 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Specialized Guide in Archeology
- Tikal Park tickets
- Entry/Admission - Tikal
What's excluded :
- WiFi on board
- Belize Departure Tax
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Selva Tropical 100 Flores, Departamento de El Petén, Tikal National Park 17013 Guatemala
• 07.00 hrs After doing the corresponding procedures in Customs Border Guatemala-Belize, we are outside to board a vehicle or bus to take the route to the Tikal National Park.
• 09.00 hrs Arrival at Garita de Control for the respective purchase of entrance tickets to the site.
• 09.30 hrs Arrival at the parking lot of the urban area of the Tikal National Park and we prepare to begin the tour of the park visiting the most impressive areas.
• 2:00 pm End of the tour in the parking lot of the urban center of the park and we will go to lunch at a restaurant near the park.
• 14.30 hrs We start boarding a vehicle or bus for the respective return to the Guatemala-Belize Border.
• 16.30 hrs Arrival at the Guatemala-Belize Border, where you will make the corresponding procedures to be able to enter again to return to your hotel in Belize.
In the Banrural mini agency located at the entrance to the Park opening 06:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. only cash in local currency (Q) is accepted, for the purchase of entrance tickets for sunrise, day, sunset and museum. (They do not accept payment on debit or credit cards).
Carry your identification for the purchase of tickets (National your respective DPI and Foreigner your Passport, children over 10 years pay entrance ticket).
Cost of National entrance tickets Q 25.00 and Foreigners Q 150.00 valid from 6.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. (tickets valid for 30 days).
There are no ATMs inside the Tikal National Park, therefore withdraw the necessary cash at the ATMs located in Flores, Santa Elena and El Remate.
If you wish to visit the museums, you must buy tickets at the Banrural mini agency and they are valid from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. schedules established in the museums.
We will be waiting outside with a sign with your respective name after you make the respective procedure at customs.
• All tickets to the park can be purchased in the entire Banking Bank network nationwide only by presenting your DPI for Nationals and PASSPORT for foreigners.
• We can support you with the purchase of your tickets just send us a photo of your DPI or Passport and when we meet to make the tour we make the respective refund.
• If you rented a vehicle and headed to the border between Belize-Guatemala, it is advisable to leave it in the parking lot (only there). So you don't have to wait 45 minutes in paperwork. The parking lot is a safe place where there are security guards.
• The cost for the vehicle in the parking lot is approximately $ 03.00 USD
• When going through customs in Belize to enter Guatemala the cost is $ 20.00 USD (Pay in cash per person). To enter from Guatemala to Belize there is no cost.
• Before leaving Belize customs, make sure your passport is sealed.
• We will be waiting outside with a sign with your respective name after you make the respective procedure at customs.
• We will transfer you to the Guatemalan Customs seal department where your passport will be stamped again.
• There is no cost for entering or leaving Guatemalan Customs.
• Before taking the route to the Park to visit, withdraw the necessary cash at the ATM to purchase souvenirs, etc.
IMPORTANT TO CARRY WITH YOU
Shoes suitable for exploration or Tennis
Clothing suitable for tropical weather
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Western Highway, Western Hwy, Melchor de Mencos, Guatemala
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour from the border between Belize and Guatemala. You can order your car in a secure parking lot which costs approximately $ 3.00 or take a taxi from anywhere in Belize. A cheaper option if you have your own transportation in Belize ...
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You have to make good weather for this experience to be realized. If you cancel due to bad weather conditions, you will be offered another date or full refund of the amount paid.
- In this experience there must be a minimum number of travelers. If you cancel because that minimum is not reached, you will be offered another date or experience or full refund of the amount paid.
- The activity is done from 2 people onwards.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.