Tidal Basin: Stroll around the cherry blossoms and monuments on an audio tour
Take a stroll around the picturesque Tidal Basin, among the famous Japanese cherry trees located in Washington, DC., given as a token of friendship from Japan. On this self-guided audio tour, you'll hear the history behind the trees, what they represent, and learn about the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Along the way, you'll walk through four national memorials and the hear about the men memorialized. There are plenty of great photo opportunities on this stroll regardless of the time of year, so bring your camera. This walk is a must-do for any visitor to the capital city.
Download the tour through the VoiceMap app on your phone while in a wifi zone to enjoy full offline accessibility. The tour is ready when you are, simply arrive at the start location and hit the Start Tour button when you're ready.
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Japanese Lantern, 9810 Kutz Bridge, Washington DC, DC 20024
The tour begins next to the Japanese Lantern.
Pass By: Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, 1850 West Basin Drive SW Near West Basin Drive SW & Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC, DC 20024
The tour passes by the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial.
Pass By: Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial, 1850 West Basin Dr SW, Washington DC, DC 20242
The tour passes by the Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial.
Pass By: Japanese Pagoda, 1850 West Basin Dr SW, Washington, DC 20242, USA
The tour passes by Japanese Pagoda.
Pass By: Tidal Basin, E Basin Drive NW Ohio Drive NW, Washington DC, DC 20003
The tour goes around parts of the Tidal Basin.
Pass By: George Mason Memorial, 900 Ohio Dr SW West Potomac Park, Washington DC, DC 20024-2000
The tour passes the George Mason Memorial.
Pass By: Jefferson Memorial, 701 E Basin Dr SW At the south shore of the Tidal Basin, Washington DC, DC 20242
The tour passes by the Thomas Jefferson Memorial.
Pass By: Floral Library, Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
The tour ends outside the Floral Library.
Departure Point :Japanese Lantern, Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/28/2020 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Floral Library, Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.