Three Vineyard Winery Small Group tour in Penedes Region from Barcelona
Enjoy a relaxing day in the Spanish countryside while sampling some of Spain’s best wines and cava (Spanish sparkling wine). On this day trip from Barcelona, visit with a professional guide three different kinds of wineries in the Penedés region (famous for winemaking) that showcase the very best of Catalan cava. Learn the traditional and modern methods for producing wine and cava, discover the different varieties and, of course, taste them! The small group size of this tour ensures you'll spend an intimate day with like-minded wine lovers.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Wine and cava tastings
- Winery tours
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Explore one of Spain's most prominent winemaking regions on this small-group day trip from Barcelona. Meet your guide in central Barcelona and relax in a comfortable minivan as you make your way to the Penedés region of Catalonia. Vines have been growing in Catalonia for more than 2,000 years, and winemakers produce around 380 million bottles of wine annually. During your tour, learn about the industry and hear interesting facts about winemaking in Spain from your local guide.
After about an hour’s drive, arrive at your first stop, a local cava maker. Tour the winery with a member of the winery’s staff and learn about the cava-making process. Visit the deep underground cellar where the winery's first bottle of cava was produced more than 150 years ago!
Admire the winery’s modernist industrial architecture and hear about the technological innovations in winemaking that are combined with old traditions to produce the wonderful sparkling wine. At the end of your visit, sample some of the winery's most emblematic varietals.
Next, head to a smaller, family-run winery, where every worker is somehow related to the family. This winery has kept the artisan cava-making process alive and limits the use of machinery, creating a beautifully aged cava considered to be one of the best in Spain. You will have the good fortune to enjoy a sample of this delicate cava.
You’ll then have a 1.5-hour break for lunch (own expense) in a local village, where your guide will recommend some restaurants depending on your lunch preferences.
After lunch, sit back in your minivan as you head to an organic winery specializing in white and red wines, particularly tempranillo, pinot noir, garnatxa (known more commonly as ‘grenache’) and cabernet sauvignon. Enjoy a guided tour of the winery, and then relax in the bar as you sample a few of these beautiful wines.
Then head back to Barcelona, taking in views of the vineyards from the comfort of your minivan.
Departure Point :Explore Catalunya, C/ Palau de la Música, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :1: Explore Catalunya, C/ Palau de la Música, 1, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
2: Plaça de Catalunya, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infant seats available
- Minimum age for wine tasting is 18 years
- This tour operates only in English
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- At Explore Catalunya we take the Coronavirus outbreak very seriously. In addition to our safety procedures, we have adapted our tours to avoid periods where there might be large crowds, and we have carefully ensured that any places we visit follow the same high hygiene standards as us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.