Thebes & Chalkida Island Private Tour from Athens
This tour gives you the opportunity to combine the ideal daytrip destination, Chalkida, a stone’s throw away from Athens, and to get a taste of the slower side of life in Thebes, while still experiencing the gems of history that Greece has to offer.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Drivers with Deep knowledge of history. [Not licensed to accompany you in any site.]
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Bridge of Khalkis
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees [6€ for over 6 yo for Non EU & 24 yo for EU Citizens]
- Licensed Tour guide upon request depending on availability [Additional cost - 210 €]
- Airport Pick Up and drop-off (Additional cost)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Thebes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Thebes, Threpsiadou 1 Plateia Keramopoulou, Thiva 33200 Greece
The Archaeological Museum of Thebes is one of the most important museums of Greece since some of its collections are rare or unique. The exhibits originate from excavations all around Boeotia and cover a long chronological period spanning from the Palaeolithic to the Post Byzantine periods. Considered as one of the best museums in Greece as it also respect its environment, at its yard a Byzantine tower can be visited, while under your feet you can admire through glass floor the ruins of the Bronze Age Acropolis.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Thiva, Thiva, Boeotia Region, Central Greece
Walk around Thebes / Thiva, a town in central Greece that combines modern life with its glorious past. The Mycenaean Palace, or Kadmeion, dates from the 13th century BC and is located almost centrally on the acropolis. The palace was decorated with frescoes and clay tablets in Linear B and amphorae and was destroyed by fire in around 1200 BC.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Karababa Castle, Khalkis 34100 Greece
An Ottoman castle of the 17th century built on the "continental" coast of the city of Chalkis (it is not on the island of Evia) which together with the destroyed castle of Chalkis made the city impregnable.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bridge of Khalkis, Khalkis Greece
The tidal phenomenon of Chalkida, observed in the famous Evripos Channel, is a very rare phenomenon of a change of direction in the flow of the sea currents. This phenomenon has provoked the admiration and interest of humans from ancient times, not only from an astronomical and geophysical perspective but also a philosophical one.
The mystery and beauty of this phenomenon captivates the visitor, as its combination with the imprint of the channel creates a remarkable panorama.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Khalkis, Khalkis, Euboea Region, Central Greece
Thanks to its strategic geographic position, the city has remained a crossroad of cultures and ideas over the centuries, an apple of discord for many foreign conquerors. Today the cosmopolitan city of Chalkida, the administrative and commercial centre of the island built on both sides of Evripos straits, is a popular destination among Athenians for short breaks away from the hustle and bustle of the capital city. Thanks to its impressive ultra-modern cable bridge, the access to the city has now become easier and quicker. It provides a variety of restaurants to enjoy your lunch by the sea.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up time adjustable upon your request.Ports
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- The drivers are not licensed to accompany you inside any site or museum. If you require a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally. If you have any questions you can contact us on the phone number provided by Viator.
- The duration of the tours is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Our company complies with all the health instructions of the World Health Organization about COVID-19.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.