The Whale fjord and Akranes
This is a private tour -only for you and your group.
Duration 7 - 8 hours.
We pick up all our passengers in the greater capital area and of course take you back in the end of the tour.
Our vehicle will be Land rover and your guide/driver will be either Gulla or Villi.
This tour reveals magnificent landscape and diversity in nature - and if you like to hear more about our history and settlement you are on the right track.
We will drive to the fjord Hvalfjord and enjoy different sights there on our way towards the town of Akranes. From Akranes on our way back to Reykjavik we drive in to the tunnel under the fjord and head back to Reykjavik.
We tailor all our tours we mention some of the highlights in the area - not all of them.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hvalfjörður, Iceland
Hvalfjordur - the Whale fjord - 30 km long and 5 km wide fjord. We are now north of Reykjavik. Waterfalls, rivers, mountains, valleys and beaches.
Hvalfjardareyri is on the southern shores of the Whale Bay. During the latter part of the 17th century a trading post developed there. Collectors of strange and half precious stones are often seen in this area.
Hvítanes was a British base, with 250 buildings and veritable town including everything that a small town needs. The pier was build to load and offload nets and equipment. We can still see remains from the WW2.
Fossá - the waterfall river. Trees and Sheep fence out traditional circle fence we are in farmers land and in the autumm they use this fence when they collect their sheep from the higlands.
Medalfellsvatn - lake. Pictuesque area mountains and lake - calming and relaxing.
Stedji - traditinal stop for us locals if we drive the Whalefjord. Magnificent view over the fjord.
Bjarteyjarsandur family farm, you can enjoy the authentic rural Icelandic experience.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Akranes, Akranes, West Region
Akranes fishermans town. The area was settled around 880 by two brothers, Celts from Ireland.
Akranes lighthouse, actually there are two lighthouses the smaller one is one of the oldest concrete lighthouses in Iceland ( it has been voted one the most beautiful lighthouses in the world) the larger one is open to public.
Höfrungur the Dolphin - shipwreck, it was build in Akranes in 1955 now it stands on the beach north af Akranes .
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: 424 Hvalfjörður Tunnel, Hvalfjarðargöng, Iceland
The Whale fjord tunnel 5770m. (18,930ft.) long and reaches a depth of 165m (541 ft.) below sea level Opened in 1998
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will have a sign with your name on it. Your guide/driver will be either Gulla or Villi.Airports
- Keflavik Intl Airport, 235 Keflavikurflugvollur Iceland
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Traveling to Iceland - https://www.covid.is/undirflokkar/ferdalog choose english (or another lanugage) on the website
- Announcements for those traveling to Iceland https://www.covid.is/tilkynningar choose english -
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Passengers travelling to Iceland are required to fill out pre-registration form before departure to Iceland. More info at covid.is
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.