The Way of Kukulkan: An audio tour exploring Chichen Itza's majestic ruins
Take a self guided audio tour through one of the Seven Wonders of the World, through the history of one of the great civilizations that shaped a continent through millennia. Learn about their life, religion, architecture and astronomic mastery.
We'll visit the pyramid of Kukulkan - an incredible construction designed with mathematical precision to serve as a calendar as well as a proof of power for the elite, and a show for the masses. Stop at the Observatory, a unique circular construction that served to study the orbit of planet Venus; a planet they worshipped as the Sun’s twin. Admire the magnificence of the Great ball court, which is the largest ever built by any Mesoamerican culture and was central in the religious and social life of the Maya, Aztec, Toltec and every other pre-Columbian civilization throughout thousands of years. These and other amazing temples and structures are waiting for you to discover in Chichen Itza.
per adult from
90 to 105 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Pyramid of Kukulcan, El Castillo, Chichén Itzá, Yuc., Mexico
The tour stops briefly in front of El Castillo.
Pass By: Gran Juego de Pelota, Carretera Costera del Golfo s/n, Chichen Itza 97751 Mexico
The tour passes by the Gran Juego de Pelota.
Pass By: Temple of the Bearded Man, Chichen Itza Mexico
The tour passes by the Temple of the Bearded Man.
Pass By: Plataforma de las Aguilas y los Jaguares, Chichen Itza Mexico
The tour passes by the Platform of the Eagles.
Pass By: Plataforma de Venus, Chichen Itza Mexico
The tour passes by the Venus Platform.
Pass By: Sacred Cenote, Chichen Itza 97751 Mexico
The tour stops briefly at the Sacred Cenote.
Pass By: Temple of the Big Tables, Chichen Itza Mexico
The tour passes by the Temple of the Big Tables.
Pass By: Temple of the Warriors, Chichen Itza 77500 Mexico
The tour passes by the Temple of the Warriors.
Pass By: Thousand Columns, Mil Columnas, Carr. Costera del Golfo, Chichén Itzá, Yuc., Mexico
The tour passes by the Court of the Thousand Columns.
Pass By: The Market, El Mercado, Chichén Itzá, Yuc., Mexico
The tour passes by El Mercado.
Pass By: The Ossuary, Chichen Itza Mexico
The tour passes by the Osario.
Pass By: The Red House Chichanchob, Chichen Itza Mexico
The tour passes by the Red House.
Pass By: El Caracol, Carretera Merida Puerto Juarez, Chichen Itza 97751 Mexico
The tour stop briefly in front of El Caracol.
Pass By: Grupo de las Monjas, Chichén-Itzá, Yucatan, Mexico
The tour passes by Grupo de las Monjas.
Pass By: La Iglesia, Chichen Itza Mexico
The tour passes by the church.
Pass By: Cenote Xtoloc, México 180, Chichén Itzá, Yuc., Mexico
The tour stops briefly at Cenote Xtoloc.
Departure Point :Entrance -- Parador Turistico de Chichen Itza, Tinúm Municipality, Yucatan, Mexico
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/15/2020 - 12/16/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.