The VIP Semi-private Colosseum Dungeons & Roman Forum Guided Tour
With your expert English speaking guide, you will be taken on a passage through time, realising the amazing historical events that occurred in this great monument. On the tour, you will skip the crowd and long ticket lines to head deep inside the walls of the Colosseum discovering its unimaginable history and events that took place, many, many, years ago. Join us on the VIP Semi-private Colosseum Dungeons & Roman Forum Guided Tour and let our guide lead you down into the depths of the Colosseum and visit the darkness of the dungeons where gladiators and animals were held before the battles.
You will then move on to the Ancient Rome, home to the most affluent of ancient Romans, hosting the best view over the centre of the city (a perfect place for pictures). Afterwards, you will be moving down the hill to explore the famous Roman Forum.
Join us on this exclusive 12 people tour and travel in time to see the epic wonders of Ancient Rome's glory.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Ancient Rome guided tour
- Professional English Speaking guide
- Small groups of 12 people or less
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum Tours | Explore Italy Tours, Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
The VIP Semi-private Colosseum Dungeons & Roman Forum Guided Tour permits you to enter through an exclusive side door entrance. This tour has limited availability, and the starting time can vary. You will start the tour at our office only steps from the Colosseum. Here, before the tour you will see excellent views of the Colosseum and surrounding areas and can take great panoramic photographs before the tour.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there is a regularly long ticket line. By joining the VIP Semi-private Colosseum Dungeons & Roman Forum Guided Tour, you will be provided with 'skip the line' entrance tickets.
As soon as you enter, you will understand the importance and significance of this ancient historic monument. The tour also gives you access to the Colosseum arena with a beautiful view over-looking the dungeons and then down into the dungeons area under the Colosseum. Your expert guide will take you on the ground floor and the second level and help you to understand the events and stories of the past here at the Colosseum including Gladiator battles and other historic events and stories that may well be shocking to you. With these detailed facts provided by your guide, you will leave the Colosseum excited to tell your friends of the interesting stories and secrets that you had learned. Our guide will also let you know the places within the Colosseum for you to take the best photos.
Learn about the types of games and crazy battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. You will learn where the emperor used to sit, high above the battleground, ready to decide the destiny of another gladiator as he stood before a cheering Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best spots to take the perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the entirety of this incredible monument!
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Being one of the most visited sites in the world, there is regularly long ticket line at the Roman Forum and Palatine. By joining our tour, we will provide you with 'skip the line' entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best places to capture that perfect picture during your tour.
The Roman Forum was the downtown of the ancient city, the political, economic and religious centre. You will learn about the roman life and you will find out what Romans enjoyed the most.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Departure Point :Via del Colosseo, 24, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- A modarate amount of walking is involved.
- Child discount from 6 to 17 years old is applied only with a valid ID card
- Please note that you cannot get to the Colosseum with large bags, backpacks, or suitcases. You may bring small bags, but there is no cloakroom service inside to accommodate the large items.
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The tour will consist of 2 separate parts, 1 hour in the Colosseum & 1.5 hours in the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill area.
- These tours are separated by a break to allow time for pictures or to spend more time in the monument or attraction
- Meeting place: Via Del Colosseo 24 (just a 2 minute walk from the Colosseum metro stop)
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure. This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependant on the monument/attractions administration offices availabilities and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security
- Please let us know if possible your Hotel name in Rome.
- Please provide an active phone number during the booking process in order to be contacted about last minute changing.
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.