The Valley Walk by Art and Walk
Starting at the home of Art and Walk you get taken deep into the valley of Pigadia which offers stunning landscapes. The guide will stop during the walk and explain about history, culture and flora and fauna. You get to see ruins, smell the local herbs and your guide will make this an experience to never forget!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Walking stick (on request)
What's excluded :
Meet your guide at the AutoTour car rental office at the main street of Pigadia at 8am. We start at this hour to avoid the summer-heat.
Join us outside of the city of Pigadia, following the goat-paths and olive fields. You walk passed abandoned houses from the Greek-Americans and stroll through the fields with many flowers in the springtime and high grass in the summer. The olive trees are offering some shade to take a sip of water and the sound of the goat-bells lead the way.
We reach a chapel below Menetes where we take a break in the shade and enjoy a fresh cup of locally made herbal tea. We enter the chapel to see how the locals pray. Leaving the chapel we head into the slightly wet river bed. Historical olive trees and fossilized shells await us at the end of the walk.
Once leaving the valley you will find yourself back in Pigadia around 11:30am.
This walk takes about 3 to 4 hours in a calm and relaxed tempo making it an easy walk.
Height difference: there is not much height difference as it is mainly all flat terrain.
Read more about the Valley Walk
Departure Point :Auto Tour Karpathos, Karpathos 857 00, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.