The UNESCO Gardens of Suzhou
Admirers of well-maintained gardens and an aristocratic lifestyle cannot skip this half day Suzhou excursion to two of the city’s most beautiful patches of well-maintained greenery. Both gardens are under UNESCO protection because of its immense value.
• Wander through two of Suzhou’s amazing gardens
• Explore the Master of the Nets garden’s admirable design
• Visit the Humble Administrator's Garden and lean its story
• See Suzhou’s rapid growth entwined with its treasures
• Return transfers from and to your hotel are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Master-of-Nets Garden
- Entry/Admission - Humble Administrator's Garden
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Master-of-Nets Garden, No.11 Kuojiatou Alley, Daichengqiao Road, Canglang District, Suzhou 215006 China
After you have enjoyed breakfast at your hotel, you meet your English-speaking guide in the hotel lobby for a short drive into the city. The first of two garden stop this morning will be at the Masters of the Nets, the smallest garden in Suzhou. Sometimes the smallest package can contain the most magnificent gift. The Garden of the Master of the Nets is a clear example of this. It is the smallest of the Suzhou residential gardens, yet it is the most impressive because of its use of space which creates the illusion of an area that is much greater than its actual size. Even more than the architectural achievement is the mood of tranquillity and harmony that this humble garden embodies.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Humble Administrator's Garden, No.178 Northeast Road, Pingjiang District, Suzhou 215001 China
At the end of the morning, just before moving back to your hotel, ample time will be given to admire the design and flora of The Humble Administrator's Garden. Originally built in 1509 during the Ming Dynasty, it was initially a private garden of a former government servant. It was said he intended to design a garden after retired and do some gardening work like planting trees and vegetables there, which was said to be the life of a humble man by him. Hence is the name of the garden. Unlike the Grand View Garden and other famous gardens in Beijing, it is representative of the Ming Dynasty building style.
The importance of the Suzhou Gardens, and the protection of this cultural heritage, has been recognized by UNESCO. Both gardens now are under the protection of this global organization and are inscribed as World Heritage Sites in China.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available for customers staying in and inside downtown Suzhou. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, Shanghai, Wuxi, and Changzhou, train stations, cruise ports and Suzhou’s Airport are excluded.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside downtown Suzhou. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, Shanghai, Wuxi, and Changzhou, train stations, cruise ports and Suzhou’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We regret to inform you that most of the museums in China are closed all day on Mondays; wherever possible, we will try to offer alternative visits for touring options on this day.
- Customers are advised that during the Lunar Festival celebrations (celebration of Chinese New Year), excursions and tours may be subject to supplementary charges and/or may see longer waiting times than normal.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pick-up and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- The tour operates in the morning
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.