The Tajinaste Trail
Probably the most famous flowers of the island are the giant Tajinastes Echium Wildpretii which bloom in the National Park in May. They only grow at an altitude of 2000m and are up to 3m in height. Also known as the tower of jewels and tajinaste rojo by the locals, this bizarre but beautiful plant is endemic to Tenerife and mainly found in the subalpine zone of Las Cañades de Teide.
Come and join us for this fabulous and easy hike. It is 8 km with 200 m of ascent/descent over undulating ground, maximum altitude 2,000 m taking approx 4 hours with a picnic stop for lunch (which you need to bring with at least 1L of water per person).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- You need good walking shoes/boots, a warm jacket and a waterproof. Bring your own poles if you prefer to walk with poles.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Teide National Park, 38300, Tenerife Spain
Come and see our famous endemic Tajinastes which dominate certain areas of the National Park during late spring.
Duration: 4 minutes
Departure Point :Teide National Park, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from the Los Cristianos, Playa de las Americas areas.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.