The Stunning Plains of Ancient Bagan
The remains of an ancient Kingdom of a bygone era perfectly preserved; the plains of Bagan are a pure feast for the eye and exploratory mind. From right after sunrise until sunset, one of Myanmar’s legacy destinations falls not short of its name and fame.
• Get totally lost in the hundreds of pagodas and temples
• Gaze over the plains from Buddhist vantage points
• Meet the locals at a local market early in the morning
• Be drawn into world of local handicraft
• Enjoy a Burmese lunch at a local restaurant
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Shwezigon Paya
- Entry/Admission - Gubyaukgyi Temple
- Entry/Admission - Ananda Temple
- Entry/Admission - Manuha Temple
What's excluded :
- Bagan Archaeological zone fees
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - New Bagan Market
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bagan, Bagan, Mandalay Region
Our guide and driver will pick you up at around 8 am for guiding you along with the most significant pagodas and temples of Bagan.
Start with a stroll through the colourful local market, a beehive of activity. This daily market gives each visitor a short insight of the fruits and vegetables which are grown around Bagan or have been transported from high up north of Myanmar. Depending on the season, a variety of seasonal, fresh produce is for sale and gains an insight into the bustling market atmosphere in Bagan
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shwezigon Paya, Bagan Myanmar
Our first temple stop will be at the Shwezigon Pagoda, built by King Anawrahta in the early 11th century. The Shwezigon Pagoda's name was derived from Ground of Victory Jeyyabhumi and was associated with the two great kings Anawrahta and Kyansitta for their backing of the Buddhist religion.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gubyaukgyi Temple, Bagan-Chauk Road, Bagan Myanmar
Following this visit, we head out to the Gu Byauk Gyi temple, known for its superb murals of Jataka scenes. As the Bagan temples are dotted on this plain, visuals from the immense site are some of the features we cannot pass by.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ananda Temple, Beside Anawrahta Road, Bagan 05232 Myanmar
The Ananda Temple is one of the more recognizable ones in the region with four magnificent standing Buddha images.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: New Bagan Market, New Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
After lunch, we continue our exploration tour with a visit to one of Myanmar’s most treasured handicrafts, a lacquerware craftsmen’s workshop in nearby Myinkaba village.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Manuha Temple, Bagan Myanmar
Next will be Manuha Temple, constructed in Mon style in 1059 and the Nanbaya Temple, a unique sandstone monument said to have been the palace of King Manuha. We end the day at the Bupaya Pagoda, a riverside temple with an outstanding golden dome as its spiritual centre piece. Sunsets across Bagan are spectacular, taking in gently-rolling hills and the winding Ayeyarwaddy River.
After the sun has set, we comfortably bring you back to your Bagan hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in and inside Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.