The splendour of Georgian and Victorian era Bath: An audio walk through the city
After 1700 years of history, all contained within its ancient walls, Bath was reborn to become England's premier place of resort. It attracted many of the country’s aristocracy and gentry, but also the not so well-to-do along with them.
On this self guided audio tour, you can promenade just as visitors did then, and experience the glamour of high society in Georgian-era Bath. You’ll see architecture that has impressed visitors for 300 years – and by the end, in the words of Jane Austen, you too will be saying, “Oh! Who can ever be tired of Bath?”.
You'll hear about:
• Lions playing football
• Four Kings, all called George
• Queen Victoria’s only visit to Bath
• Cafes that stand out and shopping suggestions
• Something which may seem ‘all Greek to you’ explained
• Funny reasons for some of the street names
• Hidden meanings from the past carved in the stone
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Terrace Walk, Bath BA1, UK
The tour starts at Terrace Walk.
Pass By: Parade Gardens, Orange Grove, Bath BA1 1EE England
The tour passes by the Parade Gardens.
Pass By: Pulteney Bridge, Bridge St, Bath BA1 1EE England
The tour passes by Pulteney Bridge.
Pass By: Victoria Art Gallery, Bridge Street, Bath BA2 4AT England
The tour passes by Victoria Art Gallery.
Pass By: Bath Guildhall Market, Guildhall High Street, Bath BA1 5AW England
The tour passes by Guildhall Market.
Pass By: Bath Assembly Rooms, Bennett St, Bath BA1 2QH, UK
The tour stops briefly at Bath Assembly Rooms.
Pass By: No. 1 Royal Crescent, 1 Royal Crescent, Bath BA1 2LR England
The tour passes by Royal Crescent.
Pass By: Royal Victoria Park, Bath England
The tour passes through Royal Victoria Park.
Pass By: The Jane Austen Centre, 40 Gay Street, Bath BA1 2NT England
The tour passes by the Jane Austen Museum.
Pass By: Queens Square, It's actually Queen Square. Only one Queen., Bath England
The tour passes by Queen Square.
Pass By: Royal Mineral Water Hospital, Gascoyne House Upper Borough Walls, Bath BA1 1RN England
The tour passes by the Mineral Water Hospital.
Pass By: The Pump Room Restaurant, Stall St, Bath BA1 1LZ, UK
The tour ends at the Grand Pump Room.
Departure Point :Terrace Walk, Bath BA1, UK
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/13/2020 - 10/22/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :The Pump Room Restaurant, Stall St, Bath BA1 1LZ, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.