The Spiritual Landscape of Kakku
Surrounded by Pa-O village and arranged neatly in straight rows, the 2000-plus stupas at Kakku are one of the most impressive, yet least visited sites in Shan State. Built in numerous styles, a number of the stupas are simple in design whilst others are richly decorated and covered in deities. Legends refer to the creation of Kakku by Buddhist missionaries, dating back in the 3rd century and combine both simple and well-adorned stupas. Restoration of the complex commenced years ago to maintain this awe-inspiring scene outside Inle Lake.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
- Kakku zone fees
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- A simple lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Kakku Pagodas
What's excluded :
- Inle Lake zone fees.
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Inle Lake
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taunggyi, Taunggyi, Shan State
Our guide will pick you up from your lakeside resort at around 9 am. Via a short boat ride to the main pier, we head out to Taunggyi (30 kilometres outside of Inle Lake, around 1-hour drive depending on road and weather conditions) to Kakku.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kakku Pagodas, Está en Taunggyi, no en Kyaing Tong, Taunggyi Myanmar
The Kakku Pagoda Complex spans a bewildering variety of styles, marking the prevailing architectural trends when they were constructed. The Shan-style stupas are surrounded by a small number of stupas that resemble tiny monasteries, which are unique to this region. Due to the decay over the years, it has been possible to renovate the stupas after pilgrims and locals donated money for upholding this site. The sheer size of spiritual markers in the landscape will certainly give you plenty of excellent photos.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Inle Lake, Nyaungshwe Myanmar
After lunch at a local restaurant, we will leave Kakku and head out to Htan Phaya, a village with a cave that bears the same name. The village of Htan Phaya itself may not ring a bell, yet the natural surroundings are among the most sought-after visits around Taunggyi. A large collection at the cave, bearing the same name, is home to hundreds of Shan-style Buddha images.
We end this day tour visiting a local Pa O Village with includes various plantations before returning via Taunggyi back to your booked resort along the Inle Lake shores. The Pa O ethnic minority is one of the largest minorities in the country. Scattered across the country, a large contingent of villages and settlement are found in Mon and Shan states, where visitors are warmly welcomed and shown their traditions and way of life. We expect to be back at around 6 pm
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Nyaung Shwe and along Inle Lake. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kalaw, Taunggyi, Pindaya and the domestic airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues.
- Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.