THE SOUTH, secrets of the volcanoes
Visiting the island without seeing the volcanoes may be impossible. Would you like to experience going deep into a volcano? …to understand the different types of eruptive process on the island? …to enjoy an unforgettable panoramic view from a single point boasting over 90 volcanic formations?
On the arid south of the island of Tenerife, treasures you may never have imagined are hidden in little-known spots. This is a journey into the land of volcanoes, where each of these geological formations reveals information, and where life has learnt to adapt itself perfectly between lava fields, badlands and wastelands.
In the lands to the South you will visit sites of unique geology, remote villages featuring popular architecture, people have learnt to adapt to the environment by making best use of the resources available.
From the subsoil to the surface, you will be presented with a vast portrait of haphazard volcanic shapes.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
- Licensed Tour Guide in Spanish, English and German.
- Small group guaranteed (maximum 8 participants)
- Minivan transport (maximum capacity: 8 seats)
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurances of the vehicle and passengers.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Everything else which is not explicitly included
- Entry tickets to museums and other attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arco de Tajao, Tf 631, 38588 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Spain
In the lands to the South you will visit Arico, a site of unique geology, which hides an endless number of treasures to be explored. Discover remote villages featuring popular architecture, where people have learnt to adapt to the environment by making best use of the resources available.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Playa El Medano, Calle la Gaviota S/N, El Medano, Tenerife Spain
By the little coastal town of El Medano, lulled by the sounds of the sea, the volcanoes of hydrothermal origin lie along the coastline, which hides coloured volcanic structures, sculptures which could well have been carved by the hands of a talented artist.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: City of San Miguel de Abona, Ctra. a los Abrigos, 30, 38620 San Miguel, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Heading to San Miguel de Abona right in Tenerife´s southern midlands, on the way to the highlands and leaving the characteristic ecosystem of the coastal zone. From the most outstanding viewpoints you will see vast plains dotted with volcanic cones.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vilaflor, Tenerife Spain
At the entrance to one of the highest villages in Spain, typical farming terraces covered in ash appear, which are considered to be a symbol of local identity. Here you will discover the importance of water use in this area.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation. We will confirm you the pick-up point and time once you have booked the tour. This tour is NOT AVAILABLE for cruisers.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Inform us about any kind of personal restrictions (diets, allergies, movility issues, etc.)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- In compliance with the protocols established to minimize the hygienic-sanitary risks caused by COVID-19 in the development of our activity. The use of a mask will be mandatory in those situations and spaces that require it. Your guide will keep you informed at all times about the steps to take.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.